Hamilton's shot fake | The Boneyard

Hamilton's shot fake

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
He was far from one of the biggest problems in this debacle but what the heck was going on with Hamilton turning down about 10 wide open great perimeter looks to do his weak sauce pump fake? There is nothing deceptive about the weak shot fake and absolutely no reason to use it when he has wide open looks. He has incredible talent and sometimes he just has no clue when to implement those talents. The good thing he won't be a freshman much longer.

Reaction Score
superjohn said:
He was far from one of the biggest problems in this debacle but what the heck was going on with Hamilton turning down about 10 wide open great perimeter looks to do his weak sauce pump fake? There is nothing deceptive about the weak shot fake and absolutely no reason to use it when he has wide open looks. He has incredible talent and sometimes he just has no clue when to implement those talents. The good thing he won't be a freshman much longer.

He doesn't have a shooter's mentality yet - if he misses, he's reluctant to shoot the next one. He was aggressive late and made the one that put us up from the elbow after missing his previous two long. That showed some mental toughness.

On a night like this with Memphis leaving him alone so much - I'd have been happy seeing him shoot 20-25 times. Take what the defense gives you.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
I like his spin move but he does overdo it. Shoot the open 3!

Reaction Score
He was not having a good shooting night and they were leaving him open so he was in that do I keep shooting or try to make something else to help. Hes not a known three point shooter so he doesnt have that shooters mentailty to keep shooting when you miss.

Reaction Score
Once DH becomes more confident in his shot he will be unstoppable. He just needs to get the reps in this summer.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
Not only does he shot fake way too often, his shot fake is slow and doesn't fool anyone.

Reaction Score
Seems like Memphis was leaving him open beyond the arc all night. Must have been part of the gameplan (he's a 35% perimeter shooter). He hit a couple, but wasn't confident enough to consistently pull the trigger.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CT2SC

Top Bottom