Hamilton - wow | The Boneyard

Hamilton - wow

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
A very bad game tonight from start to finish. Poor shot selection, alley nobodies, failure to display effort for loose balls. This was an infuriating game to watch. It affected the entire team. There just isn't a scenario outside of him pulling a Carmelo in which he gets drafted high enough to justify not sticking around another year.

This team lacks someone, anyone that can break their man down and score. Temple scored at least 10 pts on those types of possessions, including the game winner. Where's ours? Jalen has the potential, but nowhere near the game yet.

KO - where are you? Get you ace off the bench and do something!!! This is gonna be a frustratingly up and down season.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
A very bad game tonight from start to finish. Poor shot selection, alley nobodies, failure to display effort for loose balls. This was an infuriating game to watch. It affected the entire team. There just isn't a scenario outside of him pulling a Carmelo in which he gets drafted high enough to justify not sticking around another year.

Not just that, he throws a half-hearted lob that Purvis didn't read and instead of being the good teammate and saying my bad; he starts giving Purvis grief. And he kept it going while they were trying to inbound the ball. What was up with that?

Reaction Score
Not just that, he throws a half-hearted lob that Purvis didn't read and instead of being the good teammate and saying my bad; he starts giving Purvis grief. And he kept it going while they were trying to inbound the ball. What was up with that?
Exactly. Hence my alley nobodies reference. His game and attitude really bothered me tonight, but in the end, neither of them did anything to save the day. Purvis was great for 5 minutes but mostly unheard of for 35 (and yes, I realize he was on the bench for some of that time).

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
kevin saves his timeouts to run dribble penetration plays down the stretch that fail

it's laughable, if it wasn't so heartbreaking

I'd rather he just keep sitting

pnow15

Previously pnete
Reaction Score
I will duck*king rewatch that lob pass to nobody in my nightmares tonight.
Why did Purvis stop and not even think the ball might be coming to him on a three on two break?

Reaction Score
The more and more I see of him, the more I think Hamilton is a 4 year player.
Seconded. Watching Decosey (sp??) tonight made me wish that DH transforms into that guy. He killed us tonight and didn't even seem like he was trying to. On the other hand, DH killed us tonight because he was trying too hard.

Reaction Score
Why did Purvis stop and not even think the ball might be coming to him on a three on two break?
Because he hasn't seen an alley oop his way all season probably. It was just a bad fast break no matter how you slice it, especially since Gibbs was open for 3 on the wing.

Reaction Score
And, what is it about Connecticut? Pathetic offense in football that just cannot score like other teams at the D1 level. And a very weak offense in basketball that just struggles at the offensive end of the floor and is clueless out beyond the arc. Why is UConn so offensively challenged in football and men's hoops?

Reaction Score
You hope that Daniel Hamilton can transform himself into Quenton DeCosey?
Tonight, absolutely. If you couldn't see that tonight then I can't be your watching glasses.

The guy was under control, wiggled like and better than DH, created space, played under control, and made open 3s. Sign me up.

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
Tonight, absolutely. If you couldn't see that tonight then I can't be your watching glasses.

The guy was under control, wiggled like and better than DH, created space, played under control, and made open 3s. Sign me up.
Will Decosey ever play in the NBA?

Reaction Score
Will Decosey ever play in the NBA?
Who knows and who cares. Drummond was sure fire to play in the NBA, but for that season at UConn, it didn't help all that much.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
And, what is it about Connecticut? Pathetic offense in football that just cannot score like other teams at the D1 level. And a very weak offense in basketball that just struggles at the offensive end of the floor and is clueless out beyond the arc. Why is UConn so offensively challenged in football and men's hoops?

Because we're the Land of Steady Habits?

Reaction Score
Who knows and who cares. Drummond was sure fire to play in the NBA, but for that season at UConn, it didn't help all that much.

Hamilton had a terrible night. It doesn't make you sound any less dumb saying you hope he can become a mediocre Temple player based on a single game. If Hamilton turns into DeCosey and not Daniel Hamilton, we're in trouble.

Reaction Score
Hamilton had a terrible night. It doesn't make you sound any less dumb saying you hope he can become a mediocre Temple player based on a single game. If Hamilton turns into DeCosey and not Daniel Hamilton, we're in trouble.
Yep, I'm the dumb one. I'm sure it is perplexing to your limited IQ to accept the fact that had DH played like that guy tonight rather than how he played, we would have won easily. That's the point that was made. TBH I don't see Hamilton as an nba player either, so I guess I'll prefer the guy who plays well enough to win at this level. Hamilton hasn't done anything to suggest he'll achieve that. I hope I'm wrong, I really do, but that's for him to demonstrate, not for your just as equal as everyone else's opinion to tell me.

Reaction Score
Hamilton had a terrible game. At this point in his career, he is a good player. Not a great player. He doesn't have a great handle and I cringe every time he drives the ball into the paint. His outside shot is inconsistent. I also think he is missing Brimah. He would drive into the paint and get in trouble and dish it to Brimah, now he doesn't have that outlet and many times he ends up throwing up a prayer while rarely drawing contact. He is not ready for the NBA and would be a poor decision if he came out early.

Ollie coached a poor game, but Hamilton's shooting last night really hurt.

Reaction Score
I wouldn't say Hamilton looked disinterested. He kept going for it, unfortunately he just had zero feel for his shot last night. He's not a good shooter at this stage of his career. He'll be back next year.

This team desperately needs a go to scorer. Gibbs just hasn't proven he can hit a big time shot for us.

Adams was great in that 3 minute stretch last night and then barely touched the ball for the rest of the game, which made no sense to me.

Purvis only drove a few times all night. If you're not shooting it that well, at least mix it up. Temple's defense shouldn't have deterred us from going to the rim like they did.

Tommyboy

a lot of people go to college for seven years
Reaction Score

Yeah, but DeCosey had the luxury of going against our defense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom