Hamilton in D-League | The Boneyard

Hamilton in D-League

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Hamilton has started out as a model of consistency. He has scored 14 points and had 9 rebounds in each of the first three games. Shooting almost 60% from the field and over 40% on 3s.
Good for him. Getting paid to play!

Reaction Score
We really really really really really miss his rebounding - and all around play. Even though at times it seems he drifted and made bonehead decisions.
Overall a huge miss this year. Can't be understated.
Wonder if he could do it all over again if he would stay, compared to ending up in the D-league.

Reaction Score
If his shooting stays consistent he's gonna make a lot of money in the league. As far as would he do it again, I think yes that someone will call him up from the NBA. This was his best career move as much as I'd like to see him on our team, but I guess we'll see.

Reaction Score
If his shooting stays consistent he's gonna make a lot of money in the league. As far as would he do it again, I think yes that someone will call him up from the NBA. This was his best career move as much as I'd like to see him on our team, but I guess we'll see.
Nope.

Not saying he won't make it or that he would've been in a better position after one more year at UConn. But he left two years of eligibility on the table to start his career facing an uphill battle.

Even worse - he saw his older brother made the same decision, and still followed suit.

Reaction Score
Even worse - he saw his older brother made the same decision, and still followed suit.
To me that was the most puzzling part of his decision. Everyone, including his coach, told him he needed to stay at UConn and he just saw what happened to his brother and he followed suit knowing first hand how risky it was. Well hopefully he makes it to the NBA and it works out for him.

Reaction Score
I was always lukewarm on D-Ham as a player. Appreciated his skill set, but I didn't really enjoy watching him play and I was skeptical whether we'd be much worse off without him, assuming he didn't get much better (I think he would have, which is why I was really disappointed when he left). If I had to pick between him and Purvis or Brimah, I probably would have gone with the latter two.

The first two games made me think, though. I can't see any way we lose those games if he's still here. And for as flawed as D-Ham was, at least he tried to make things happen out there and seemed like he knew how to play basketball. Watching Purvis in the first two - and I can't overstate how disappointing it is that we didn't get more from him - made me appreciate D-Ham more.

The fact that he's not here seems weird. This felt like a journey that he started with AB, Purvis, and Facey - however bumpy it was - and it's too bad he isn't here to finish it. I don't blame him, though, and if it's true that he's off to that kind of start in the D-League, coupled with the jump we saw in the postseason last year...you have to think there is a good chance he would have made the jump this year. And this team obviously would have been completely different.

Reaction Score
I was always lukewarm on D-Ham as a player. Appreciated his skill set, but I didn't really enjoy watching him play and I was skeptical whether we'd be much worse off without him, assuming he didn't get much better (I think he would have, which is why I was really disappointed when he left). If I had to pick between him and Purvis or Brimah, I probably would have gone with the latter two.

The first two games made me think, though. I can't see any way we lose those games if he's still here. And for as flawed as D-Ham was, at least he tried to make things happen out there and seemed like he knew how to play basketball. Watching Purvis in the first two - and I can't overstate how disappointing it is that we didn't get more from him - made me appreciate D-Ham more.

The fact that he's not here seems weird. This felt like a journey that he started with AB, Purvis, and Facey - however bumpy it was - and it's too bad he isn't here to finish it. I don't blame him, though, and if it's true that he's off to that kind of start in the D-League, coupled with the jump we saw in the postseason last year...you have to think there is a good chance he would have made the jump this year. And this team obviously would have been completely different.

Pretty much the same here. Crow is slow cooking for me!

Reaction Score
We would be 2-0 if he stayed. I realize he was frustrating at times, but we miss his rebounding and playmaking a great deal.

Glad to see he is off to a very good start in the D league. I hope he gets called up soon.

Reaction Score
We really really really really really miss his rebounding - and all around play. Even though at times it seems he drifted and made bonehead decisions.
Overall a huge miss this year. Can't be understated.
Wonder if he could do it all over again if he would stay, compared to ending up in the D-league.

No he had his sights on being a 2 and done from the get go regardless of where he was projected to go in the draft, oh well what can you do.

Reaction Score
Specifically if we are without Diarra for the year, we would have absolutely wanted him on the roster

We'd run one true big, and use 2 guards, Hamilton, and Larrier... that's a lot of playmaking, the thought probably made Ollie drool

Horatio

I played high school football
Reaction Score
We'd run one true big, and use 2 guards, Hamilton, and Larrier... that's a lot of playmaking, the thought probably made Ollie drool

Pains me to think about it. As a matter of fact, no more D-Ham threads until the team wins at least 5 games/ does better please. I can't take it. It's really like rubbing salt on the wound.

Reaction Score
Really is a lose-lose taking a snap-shot right now. UConn 0-2 and Hamilton making 26K instead of $1MM to play. Would you rather be 0-2 or out 974,000?!
Of course both have opportunity to turn it around.

For Hamilton maybe he needs the motivation of no-guaranteed contract to improve and in that case his decision might work out for him. I think if he stayed AND IMPROVED HIS SHOOTING he'd be relative sure-fire 1st round pick, but arguably that could have been path to 2-3 years and out of league.

For UConn the bright-side might not come this season. Hopefully the start galvanizes them and hard work over next 45 days changes the team by January. Or its a lost season and we are forging a freshman class that can stay together & become great in future years.

UConn & Hamilton looking into the abyss right now - hopefully it is motivating.

Yankees32123

'99, '04, '11, '14, '23
Reaction Score
The dude was a playmaker, an excellent rebounder and a smart basketball player. His inefficiency was frustrating as hell, he isn't a great athlete and his attitude was sometimes questionable, but the guy made this team better and we already miss him. And Shonn Miller.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom