Hamilton 3pt Defense | The Boneyard

Hamilton 3pt Defense

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Ollie needs to quick hook players once in a while like Calhoun did and maybe they'll get the message. Minutes are the ultimate punishment/reward. I love Hamilton overall, but he, Gibbs, Purvis, and early in the season Adams have all done this. They are the worst perimeter defense team I've ever seen at UConn.

Reaction Score
Ollie needs to quick hook players once in a while like Calhoun did and maybe they'll get the message. Minutes are the ultimate punishment/reward. I love Hamilton overall, but he, Gibbs, Purvis, and early in the season Adams have all done this. They are the worst perimeter defense team I've ever seen at UConn.
There is almost no perimeter defense to be found.I can't believe how many easy open 3's they give up game after game.

C

Chief00

Quite frankly, when a poor 3 team like Cincy knocks down all those 3's you gave a problem - mostly boils down to poor discipline on defensive principles.

Reaction Score
Angry mid-game post.

Hamilton must be the absolute worst guy at losing his man on the perimeter in program's history.

Agree. You can lose you man on D from time to time, it happens, but at least run at the guy with your hands up when he's shooting.

Reaction Score
I got flashbacks to the transition 3 defense against Syracuse today.

Reaction Score
There is almost no perimeter defense to be found.I can't believe how many easy open 3's they give up game after game.
We're 10th out of 351 teams in adjusted defensive efficiency. Defense is literally the least of our problems.

JonnyRI

The files are in the computer
Reaction Score
Title of this thread is misleading. What defense?

Reaction Score
Hamilton is THE perfect example and representation of this team's Dr. Jeckel and Mr. Hyde persona.

Reaction Score
Hamilton is THE perfect example and representation of this team's Dr. Jeckel and Mr. Hyde persona.

He is much more Hyde than Jekyll when it come to shooting and defense. Rebounding has been his only positive attribute, but he did not box out on a few free throws yesterday. I think he needs to come off the bench and when he takes a bad shot, he needs to take a seat.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
We're 10th out of 351 teams in adjusted defensive efficiency. Defense is literally the least of our problems.
For the most part I agree. But go re-watch Hamiltons perimeter defense without vomiting.

Reaction Score
Hamilton is one of the last players on the team that needs to be benched. Part of UConn's defensive philosophy this year is to have the perimeter guys dig down on the post to help out the post defenders. The problem that happens is it leaves the defenders digging down on the post vulnerable to losing their man on the perimeter for open 3s. Hamilton also has the highest defensive rebounding rate in the conference because the coaches want him crashing the boards since the team is so horrid at rebounding. Thus why there are so many people complaining about his perimeter defense.

So which would you rather have. Would you rather Shonn and Brimah or whoever pick up fouls more frequently if the guards aren't digging down on the post to force the post players to kick it back out or would you rather they get killed on the boards more than they already do. The coaching staff has decided they will take the gamble of teams hitting 3s sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.

And also Hamilton is the 2nd best player on the team (3rd best player in the conference and 81st in the nation) according to hoopsnerd.com with Shonn being rated the #1 player on the team (2nd in the conference and 58th nationally). Gary Clark is rated #1 in the conference and 48th nationally.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DyNASTY#3

Top Bottom