Hamier Wright to Washington | The Boneyard

Hamier Wright to Washington

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Kid was on our 2018 list of targets - he was going to head to Brewster for a prep year.

He reclassified to 2017 and is heading to Washington.

Reaction Score
I saw this but didn't realize he had reclassified. I thought it was for 2018 for some reason. I would guess if Hopkins had stayed at Syracuse it was likely he would have ended up there.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
1. "Who is this guy? I never heard of him. Recruiting sucks. Jim Calhoun wouldn't have even considered this kid!

2. We're on his Twitter list of schools? Awesome! He's the missing piece we needed! National Championship #5 baby!!

3. What? He went to another school? How does this happen? Jim Calhoun wouldn't have missed on this kid! We've become a mid-major!

4. Didn't want him anyways. Did you see his Twitter account? Bad attitude!

5. Next!

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I saw this but didn't realize he had reclassified. I thought it was for 2018 for some reason. I would guess if Hopkins had stayed at Syracuse it was likely he would have ended up there.

I think he would have ended up at Syracuse.

With Carter and Wright, Hopkins did a pretty good job bolstering his 2017 class with upstate NY kids. Wright's going to be a good player down the road.

Reaction Score
Not sure if true but would be funny if his commitment to Washington c-blocks Vance Jackson who was considering Washington?

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Washington doesn't have an open scholarship for Jackson, but I think that ship had already sailed.

If he was going to commit to Washington, he would have done it a long time ago.

Not surprisingly, Jackson doesn't seem to have put together much of a cohesive plan in terms of his transfer.

Reaction Score
Washington doesn't have an open scholarship for Jackson, but I think that ship had already sailed.

Not surprisingly, Jackson doesn't seem to have put together much of a cohesive plan in terms of his transfer.
Can VJ sit out the year and wait for more offers next year?

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Can VJ sit out the year and wait for more offers next year?

Not if he wants to play in 2018-2019; he has to sit a year in residence at his new school, so he has to land on someone's campus in September.

Reaction Score
Highly unusual for a kid from Albany NY to have a great relationship with a former assistant head coach at Syracuse. I mean Hopkins probably didn't meet the kid until he was 14. Can't believe Chillious lost this one too man he sucks.:eek:

Lol people here are consistent though that's for sure.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Highly unusual for a kid from Albany NY to have a great relationship with a former assistant head coach at Syracuse. I mean Hopkins probably didn't meet the kid until he was 14. Can't believe Chillious lost this one too man he sucks.:eek:

Lol people here are consistent though that's for sure.

Here's the rub - you can't trot out the passive aggressive nonsense when UConn is missing out on every single kid they target.

Wright is one of those kids who lost interest in UConn during the on-off court implosion over the past year - there are a lot of kids like him in the class of 2018, so you're either going to have to refine your act or just drop it all together.

GemParty

Co~host of the Sliders & Curveballs Podcast
Reaction Score
I think UConn fans hoped we might bolster our 2017 class with some of Chill/Kill/Ollie relationships. In addition, I keep seeing schools land 2018 talent like PC did today. We need some Tuna in our boat. All we have is sunburn and a reel full of knots.

Wordbomar

"Walker on McGee with four.."
Reaction Score

Jackson does not have many good options that's for sure

Reaction Score
Here's the rub - you can't trot out the passive aggressive nonsense when UConn is missing out on every single kid they target.

Wright is one of those kids who lost interest in UConn during the on-off court implosion over the past year - there are a lot of kids like him in the class of 2018, so you're either going to have to refine your act or just drop it all together.

As far as I'm concerned I don't have to refine anything. Thinking its okay to have an opinion here unless that's changed that's my rub.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom