Hall Pass | The Boneyard

Hall Pass

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Looking big picture. A double digit win over an above .500 team on the road.

Had such a great feeling watching SHU go for the foul strategy with 2 minutes to go and watching UConn burying FT's. So many good memories of 2011 and 2014 finishing off opponents at the line.

In no particular order....

Martin has been consistently horrible starting games. Everything is off. I said a few games ago he almost needs the boxing or football punch to the face to get in to the game. He never got punched today and was never a factor.

Another great game from Cole. The pace of the game is slowing down for him which is great for UConn. He's no longer reacting to the pace, he is anticipating and it allows him to get room.

SHU started 3-4 from 3 in first few minutes. Last 36 minutes of the game they were 2-15.

Mamu will do great in Europe as a pro. Some were calling SHU weak mentally in the chat room. Seems about right. They play with a sense of entitlement that doesn't match their results.

Not a great game for Bouk but he did what he needed to do.

Sanogo was obviously great. That drive from the left baseline in the second half was other worldly for a player his size. The drive, jump stop and pivot is something few freshmen collegiate players can make.

Did I mention how good it was to choke out an opponent form the FT line?

First half was all smoke and mirrors. SHU dominated first twelve minutes and had a push through 16 minutes. UConn pulled a classic Sugar Ray Leonard and stole the round with a flurry at the end of the half.

It seemed awkward out there with Whaley and Sanogo playing together for so many minutes but we can't argue with results.

Great job by Hurley shortening the bench and doing what it takes to win the game based on match ups.

BoukofJames

“Business. Always business.”
Reaction Score
Looking big picture. A double digit win over an above .500 team on the road.

Had such a great feeling watching SHU go for the foul strategy with 2 minutes to go and watching UConn burying FT's. So many good memories of 2011 and 2014 finishing off opponents at the line.

In no particular order....

Martin has been consistently horrible starting games. Everything is off. I said a few games ago he almost needs the boxing or football punch to the face to get in to the game. He never got punched today and was never a factor.

Another great game from Cole. The pace of the game is slowing down for him which is great for UConn. He's no longer reacting to the pace, he is anticipating and it allows him to get room.

SHU started 3-4 from 3 in first few minutes. Last 36 minutes of the game they were 2-15.

Mamu will do great in Europe as a pro. Some were calling SHU weak mentally in the chat room. Seems about right. They play with a sense of entitlement that doesn't match their results.

Not a great game for Bouk but he did what he needed to do.

Sanogo was obviously great. That drive from the left baseline in the second half was other worldly for a player his size. The drive, jump stop and pivot is something few freshmen collegiate players can make.

Did I mention how good it was to choke out an opponent form the FT line?

First half was all smoke and mirrors. SHU dominated first twelve minutes and had a push through 16 minutes. UConn pulled a classic Sugar Ray Leonard and stole the round with a flurry at the end of the half.

It seemed awkward out there with Whaley and Sanogo playing together for so many minutes but we can't argue with results.

Great job by Hurley shortening the bench and doing what it takes to win the game based on match ups.
As a fellow fight fan you may appreciate this - FS1 is inexplicably blacked out on my hotel room TV, so I watched on my laptop and threw FS2 on in the background. They were showing PBC Classics, with Pacquiao-Thurman starting right around the time the good guys tipped off. Pacquiao scored a huge knockdown in the first round (similar to Seton Hall’s hot shooting start), but Thurman rallied and largely won the back end of the fight. Pacquiao won that fight via split decision, but I thought it was an interesting and coincidental analogy just the same.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99
Top Bottom