Halftime Observations | The Boneyard

Halftime Observations

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
1. First game this year where the size/speed of the game has been too much for AI. He's been a mess. Confident he can recover but he looked overmatched.
2. Great to see Sid hit the baseline 3, the 3 pointer, grab a board and close out on the wing to block a 3. In other words he's active on both ends and that bodes well for UConn going forward.
3. Cobb was great but there's diminishing returns when you try to run too much through him. Like him better as an offensive rebounder and put back guy than a run the offense through him guy.
4. Don't like seeing Yakwe in there. Doesn't give me confidence the staff has confidence in Carlton or Whaley.
5. Nice half by JA. His shooting and scoring kept us in the game.
6. Need 2 out of Vital, Polley, AI or Smith to start scoring to overcome deficit.
7. Crowd has been fine; arena looks great on TV. Seats are filled and XL actually appears to have strong hues of blue and white.
(Edit) 8. Turnover have killed UConn. Especially live ball TO's which lead to fast break points for Zona.

Reaction Score
1. First game this year where the size/speed of the game has been too much for AI. He's been a mess. Confident he can recover but he looked overmatched.
2. Great to see Sid hit the baseline 3, the 3 pointer, grab a board and close out on the wing to block a 3. In other words he's active on both ends and that bodes well for UConn going forward.
3. Cobb was great but there's diminishing returns when you try to run too much through him. Like him better as an offensive rebounder and put back guy than a run the offense through him guy.
4. Don't like seeing Yakwe in there. Doesn't give me confidence the staff has confidence in Carlton or Whaley.
5. Nice half by JA. His shooting and scoring kept us in the game.
6. Need 2 out of Vital, Polley, AI or Smith to start scoring to overcome deficit.
7. Crowd has been fine; arena looks great on TV. Seats are filled and XL actually appears to have strong hues of blue and white.
(Edit) 8. Turnover have killed UConn. Especially live ball TO's which lead to fast break points for Zona.

If it wasn't for Gilberts turnovers we would be ahead. Won't pass and forces it too much. Take him out !!!

Reaction Score
I was hoping that this was going to be about frisbee dogs.

I enjoyed the pyrotechnics during the starting lineups and how they have moved on from the t shirt launcher to the giant sub machine t shirt gun.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom