Hair mojo | The Boneyard

Hair mojo

Reaction Score
So I'm watching Houston game replay and notice Kia has a pony tail. You can't change the hair! It has to be the same game to game!!

Reaction Score
She actually played pretty well in the first half with the ponytail. Any bad mojo was for the overall team. Maybe she can change her hair as a senior. Moriah did it!

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
I've been having a problem as I get older. The truth. Whenever I see an interview with darn near any young lady, especially these young basketball players, from any team, I just want to pinch their cheeks. Then I start to tear up. I swear, it's getting ridiculous. I'm starting to feel really old.

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
Please note that she got the telegram you sent. She changed back to the "killer bun" at halftime. ;-)

I noticed that too. Which makes me think it was just a matter of her running behind schedule before the game and didn't have time to get it put up the way she likes it.

Reaction Score
Actually all she did was straighten her hair. I'm thinking, the bun would mess up the straightening which is why she had it in a ponytail to begin with. On Wednesday, it was back to the curls and bun

Reaction Score
Not a great believer in mojo, I liked the pony tail. I probably shouldn't admit this here for a number of reasons, but I liked Candace Parker as a sort of blonde/red head.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Not a great believer in mojo, I liked the pony tail. I probably shouldn't admit this here for a number of reasons, but I liked Candace Parker as a sort of blonde/red head.
image.jpg

Reaction Score

Before the game started, Kia was presented an award with Geno for getting her 1000th point, and Kia was wearing the ponytail. This was done on the side of the court with a few photographers. I think Kia wanted the photo taken with her ponytail and then, when she had a chance, she could bun it up again, which she did at halftime.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Before the game started, Kia was presented an award with Geno for getting her 1000th point, and Kia was wearing the ponytail. This was done on the side of the court with a few photographers. I think Kia wanted the photo taken with her ponytail and then, when she had a chance, she could bun it up again, which she did at halftime.
Wow she's no-Stewie

Reaction Score
Svetlana changed hers as a senior - IMO didn't work for her. DT never changed hers - even to this day. She knows who she is. Stay with the bun

Loved Svetlana's corn rows, great look on her - but I'm also partial to pixie-hairstyles, so loved her 2000 look, too. I just liked Abrosimova - a lot. :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
I think they should all stick with the bun except Kyla and Molly. But I think the starting 5 should each try a different color, because I still have trouble telling them apart at times. My 32" CRT TV may have something to do with that, however.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
I liked the pony tail because it made it a lot easier to tell her apart from Saniya. Personally, I prefer the frizz to the straightened hair. I had frizzy hair that suddenly went straightish when I was about 25 or 26. That sucked.

Reaction Score
I don't get it - I have no problem at all telling all the players apart. Just seems so obvious who they are by how they move, how they look. I'm not even a hockey fan, but it was obvious who Wayne Gretaky was just by the way he skated. No numbers on the back required. Julian Edelman doesn't need to wear #11, Gronk doesn't need to wear #87. The UConn girls don't look anything alike to me.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Imagine Dee with a ponytail and Sue with a bun. That just doesn't compute at all!

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
There is a proper procedure for hairstyle changes.

-A request must be submitted three weeks in advance of the intended change. All requests shall certified upon arrival by Chris Dailey.

-All changes must be field tested tested against teams beaten by a minimum of 40 points.

If the team fails to beat the opponent by GS>PGS/2+/-5 the hairstyle will be declared unacceptable and mojo hostile.

If the damage due to a change in hairstyle is self evident :

- Players must come to the game prepared to reverse the change immediately at half time or sooner or sit out games until the damage can be reversed.

Remember the damage to mojo is a collective phenomenon, not individual. A players game can flourish yet undermine the effectiveness of team.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
I think they should all stick with the bun except Kyla and Molly. But I think the starting 5 should each try a different color, because I still have trouble telling them apart at times. My 32" CRT TV may have something to do with that, however.
That definitely end the streak. Got to respect the mojo.

Must be a troll trying to weaken UCONN's super powers. ;)

Bliss

Mizzou Ballyhoo
Reaction Score
Do you think wearing a ponytail instead of a bun would hinder Katie Lou's game?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom