Hailey Van Lith 2020 5'7" Guard | The Boneyard

Hailey Van Lith 2020 5'7" Guard

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Espn pretty much says she has an offer. Am I late to this party?

"Van Lith is the No. 5 player ranked in the espnW HoopGurlz Terrific 25 for the 2020 class (and the No. 2-ranked player at her position). The 5-foot-7 point guard for Cashmere High School has her pick of the nation's top Division I programs, including Connecticut. She's long idolized Huskies royalty: Maya Moore, Diana Taurasi, Sue Bird and Breanna Stewart."

Sophomore Hailey Van Lith lighting it up at Washington's Cashmere

hailey-van-lith

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Her bshe is coming into the 6th grade with a UConn jersey on:

Ooops, I see her now in the 19/20 Recruiting thread. My bad.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
I've seen her name on the recruiting rankings lists. It's strange that she gets no publicity here in the Seattle area. Of course the media is centric towards the west side of the state, but normally someone that talented would be making some waves even though she's from the east side of the mountains. Angie Bjorklund certainly generated more publicity when she was starring in HS in Spokane.

I'm surprised the article says she's from Wenatchee but plays for Cashmere. Cashmere is tiny, like barely even there. 1A is one of the lowest classifications for sports in Washington. Wenatchee has a couple schools that play at a higher level (either 3A or 4A) in a league w/ some schools from Yakima that have been powerhouses in the state at times.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Also interesting her AAU coach compares her favorably to Weisner and McPhee.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
I'm surprised the article says she's from Wenatchee but plays for Cashmere. Cashmere is tiny, like barely even there. 1A is one of the lowest classifications for sports in Washington. Wenatchee has a couple schools that play at a higher level (either 3A or 4A) in a league w/ some schools from Yakima that have been powerhouses in the state at times.

That is strange given her obvious drive to excel. Thanks @nwhoopfan

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score

"Van Lith is the No. 5 player ranked in the espnW HoopGurlz Terrific 25 for the 2020 class (and the No. 2-ranked player at her position). The 5-foot-7 point guard for Cashmere High School has her pick of the nation's top Division I programs, including Connecticut. She's long idolized Huskies royalty: Maya Moore, Diana Taurasi, Sue Bird and Breanna Stewart."

Sophomore Hailey Van Lith lighting it up at Washington's Cashmere

hailey-van-lith
Well.... yes.
Only mystery right now if UCONN would want both Van Lith and Paige Bueckers in the same class.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Geno watched Van Lith on consecutive days in September. Don't know if that means she has an offer but UConn is clearly interested. Her effort level alone probably has Geno salivating.

Just not sure how Van Lith and Bueckes would work with two years of CW. That's a lot of big-time guards, on paper.

Reaction Score
Geno watched Van Lith on consecutive days in September. Don't know if that means she has an offer but UConn is clearly interested. Her effort level alone probably has Geno salivating.

Just not sure how Van Lith and Bueckes would work with two years of CW. That's a lot of big-time guards, on paper.

Van Lith and Bueckers are PG; CW clearly is a 2. In Geno we trust. :)

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Van Lith and Bueckers are PG; CW clearly is a 2. In Geno we trust. :)

Bueckers is a hybrid, equally adept at both positions.

I haven't seen Van Lith play to suss out if she can play both.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Well.... yes.
Only mystery right now if UCONN would want both Van Lith and Paige Bueckers in the same class.
I'll take a turn of the Paige.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Not just the jersey - the shorts are Uconn as well. Jerseys, caps, sweatshirts are pretty standard fare around the country but the shorts are pretty rare!

If UConn is courting 2 elite PG's from the same class, I wonder if there would be an early decision by one to beat the other? How would that work?

Reaction Score

would love to get that verified by the usual UConn reporters............if it is true, I wonder whether she and Paige B would like to play together or whether it's the first one to commit gets the point guard slot

Reaction Score
would love to get that verified by the usual UConn reporters..if it is true, I wonder whether she and Paige B would like to play together or whether it's the first one to commit gets the point guard slot

I’m guessing Van Lith hasn’t been to the Uconn campus, reading between the lines, it sounds like once she does visit she would commit to Uconn, I think both can play together.

Reaction Score
I’m guessing Van Lith hasn’t been to the Uconn campus, reading between the lines, it sounds like once she does visit she would commit to Uconn, I think both can play together.

you and I may think so but do Geno, Van Lith and Bueckers think so?

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
You guys and gals are getting pretty greedy if you think you need 2 of the top rated PG from the same class. I'll let you have Bueckers if Van Lith stays somewhere out west.

Reaction Score
You guys and gals are getting pretty greedy if you think you need 2 of the top rated PG from the same class. I'll let you have Bueckers if Van Lith stays somewhere out west.

I'm OK with that, it's just that the article says Van Lith is a big fan of some UConn greats so one assumes she might like to follow in the footsteps of greatness..........

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
I'm OK with that, it's just that the article says Van Lith is a big fan of some UConn greats so one assumes she might like to follow in the footsteps of greatness.....

Yeah certainly if that's her dream and she gets the opportunity to do it, very understandable.

Reaction Score
Yeah certainly if that's her dream and she gets the opportunity to do it, very understandable.

I'm frankly pretty amazed to see how long some recruits will sit on some great offers..........shows a lot of confidence or a bit too much

Skies17

Casual Fan
Reaction Score
Assuming we don't pick up any guards in the next (2019) class (not sure how seriously we are looking at Zia Cooke, Faith Masonius, others) we will only have Coombs and Christyn Williams on the roster, so there will be a need for multiple guard recruits.

Watching Buekers play with the U16 FIBA team, she primarily played off the ball (Cooke & Caitlin Clark typically handling PG duties), and I think her skill set is certainly well suited to play a sort of combo/2-guard. Something similar to VanLith/Buekers in the mold of Dangerfield/Nurse on the court at the same time could certainly work, but as has many have mentioned it all depends on Geno's vision and recruit's desires.

VanLith and Buekers are amazing players, we'd be lucky to get either or them nevermind both!!

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Assuming we don't pick up any guards in the next (2019) class (not sure how seriously we are looking at Zia Cooke, Faith Masonius, others) we will only have Coombs and Christyn Williams on the roster, so there will be a need for multiple guard recruits.

Watching Buekers play with the U16 FIBA team, she primarily played off the ball (Cooke & Caitlin Clark typically handling PG duties), and I think her skill set is certainly well suited to play a sort of combo/2-guard. Something similar to VanLith/Buekers in the mold of Dangerfield/Nurse on the court at the same time could certainly work, but as has many have mentioned it all depends on Geno's vision and recruit's desires.

VanLith and Buekers are amazing players, we'd be lucky to get either or them nevermind both!!
Good points. More than that, freshmen rarely start. However, if we don't get a PG from 2019, that means when 2020 comes, Danger will have graduated.

SR: Walker, Coombs, Hunter, Gordon
JR: Williams, Ono
SO: (no one yet - maybe Boston/Brunelle/Amihere or some combo of those 3?)
FR - (no one - Buekers/VanLith, etc ,etc)

If Geno has not groomed Coombs or Espinosa-Hunter to be a PG, then we are back to the days of PG by committee like we had with Doty/Hayes. I'm not a fan. Unless he starts a freshman PG...

Skies17

Casual Fan
Reaction Score
Good points. More than that, freshmen rarely start. However, if we don't get a PG from 2019, that means when 2020 comes, Danger will have graduated.

SR: Walker, Coombs, Hunter, Gordon
JR: Williams, Ono
SO: (no one yet - maybe Boston/Brunelle/Amihere or some combo of those 3?)
FR - (no one - Buekers/VanLith, etc ,etc)

If Geno has not groomed Coombs or Espinosa-Hunter to be a PG, then we are back to the days of PG by committee like we had with Doty/Hayes. I'm not a fan. Unless he starts a freshman PG...

I think AEH is much more of a wing, although she can handle the ball (similar to KLS). My guess is Coombs & Williams backcourt, with Buekers and/or VanLith getting minutes off the bench, then someone steps into a starting role as a Sophomore (similar to Dangerfield last year to this year).

Pressure to start relatively inexperienced players would be alleviated by getting a guard in 2019, but I think recent years have proved that top recruits can step in and contribute as freshman, then take a starting job as a sophomore. Both VanLith and Buekers are talented enough to continue that trend.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Good points. More than that, freshmen rarely start. Unless he starts a freshman PG...

Bueckers will be ready to start. Dangerfield got some starts last year and had her moments. It took her a year to turn into a star. It won't take Bueckers as long. And UConn doesn't really need a PG, just a floor general and leader. She is both.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom