Hail To The Seniors!!! | The Boneyard

Hail To The Seniors!!!

Reaction Score
Picked up Jalen on what was a rough night for him pretty much start to finish. Don't sleep on how good Vital played also, kids around the ball a lot because he knows how to play.

But the tandem of Brimah and Facey were really good. And AB got screwed on a nice tap in to begin the 2nd half, that was off the rim no doubt. Both guys aggressive, looked for shots and around the rim for rebounds.

And the announcer Faust with his "sweepers" and "Schwanks" was fun to listen to although his voice is radio rough. Liked some of his input though decent job.

Another solid in for this tough crew of kids.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Rodney with 3 assists and one turnover. Loved the turnover. It's been a while since he stepped out of bounds. He and Vital played great on perimeter. Jalen played for Tulane and Vance ..... was he at the game?

Reaction Score
They won with 5 guys (Don't know who that guy that looked like Adams was)

You know what I give him a lot of credit tonight. The Jalen Adams of last year would have been hanging his head, moping around feeling sorry for himself because hell, he knew he had an awful night. But the more mature JA stayed in the game mentally, made a couple nice plays down the stretch, worked hard on the boards stuck his nose in and showed he's grown up. Have to admit even when he's not good the other team is still concerned so there were 6 guys David.

Reaction Score
Rodney with 3 assists and one turnover. Loved the turnover. It's been a while since he stepped out of bounds. He and Vital played great on perimeter. Jalen played for Tulane and Vance ..... was he at the game?
Was not sure Rodney was on the court tonight, that is until he stepped out.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I'm not doing the research, but I'd bet big bucks on 52 points being in the top 3 games of combined points between Purvis, Brimah and Facey.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
Was not sure Rodney was on the court tonight, that is until he stepped out.
LOL. He didn't travel. He set up his team mates. His defense is outstanding. He's making FT's. It would have been nice to see more in the first half, but a lot of that was from ineffectual play by Jalen.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
If you didn't see Rodney tonight, you missed the part where we went ahead.
Facet was incredible in about every way.
Brimah was very good.
Adams more than deserves an off night. And I agree Mau, he stayed involved.
I'm just amazed that our motley crew could survive his poor shooting and beat anyone. Good job even though it was only Tulane.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
LOL. He didn't travel. He set up his team mates. His defense is outstanding. He's making FT's. It would have been nice to see more in the first half, but a lot of that was from ineffectual play by Jalen.
Best part for Rodney was when he had a full head of steam with the ball on a breakaway but there was a defender back, he slowed it down. No airmailed lay-ups or dumb offensive fouls or -5 point plays. Best game of the year from him.

If the world was just, he'd have been able to play his whole UConn career as a 4th option so that his weaknesses were minimized instead of magnified. Oh well.

Reaction Score
Real proud of the effort last night. Facey has really emerged and AB had a helluva game. Purvis let the game come to him, played D and was there when he was needed despite a couple of ill advised jacks. As far as Jalen goes, we won't even stay in the same zip code if he clanks against Cincy the way he'd did last night.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
Watching those interviews tells me one thing.

When it comes down to it the only thing we as fans can do is to be there supporting the players no matter what the conference, no matter how bad the opposing team is and no matter what our record is.

That crowd was terrific. And the players appreciated it. Thank goodness the majority of UConn fans don't have the sour grapes we sometimes see from posters in this forum.

Reaction Score
Crowd was much better than I anticipated last night. Student section was full...the overflow behind uconn hoop in second half was not bad. I got to say upper levels on sides were more filled than lower....crowd wanted a reason to cheer and after dreadful start team showed up and crowd really backed them. Fun times

ctchamps

Reaction Score
Crowd was much better than I anticipated last night. Student section was full...the overflow behind uconn hoop in second half was not bad. I got to say upper levels on sides were more filled than lower....crowd wanted a reason to cheer and after dreadful start team showed up and crowd really backed them. Fun times
Those lower levels are corporate. They're the big donors. Need them to get monies into the coffers. But many aren't real fans. Trade off currently. Hoping some day they can be moved back 5 rows or more and put students in those seats.

Reaction Score
Those lower levels are corporate. They're the big donors. Need them to get monies into the coffers. But many aren't real fans. Trade off currently. Hoping some day they can be moved back 5 rows or more and put students in those seats.
Or at least some ticket donation system so students can get tickets of execs that don't show

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HassanDawg

Top Bottom