Hadn't seen these before | The Boneyard

Hadn't seen these before

Reaction Score
Not sure if we are suppose to post his kind of stuff but there are a lot of posts about jerseys. These are very tasty.

327224520_527333186159662_737721066525728612_n.jpg

Reaction Score
Are the the ones only issued to people inside the program? If not I need a pair bad.
UConn is a Nike university. No idea why they would be on Adidas shoes, likely just a fan-made custom.

Most UConn athletics shoes are standard ones you can buy online, in UConn blue/grey/white colors but sometimes usually have the Husky somewhere on it. I have seen former athletes sell them on eBay or other sites for 3-4x retail price due to how rare they are. It is also funny that sometimes they have numbers on them or years, so easy to find out who is selling their old gear.

Funny side note, when Kwintin Williams was in his last year here, he posted about selling some of his shoes. I DM'd him and asked him about a pair of KDs as we were the same size and he wanted $400 lol. He was a cool guy just not a great basketball player.

Reaction Score
Where did you find those? I never thought I'd ever see Adidas UConn shoes considering we're a Nike school...

Reaction Score
UConn is a Nike university. No idea why they would be on Adidas shoes, likely just a fan-made custom.

Most UConn athletics shoes are standard ones you can buy online, in UConn blue/grey/white colors but sometimes usually have the Husky somewhere on it. I have seen former athletes sell them on eBay or other sites for 3-4x retail price due to how rare they are. It is also funny that sometimes they have numbers on them or years, so easy to find out who is selling their old gear.

Funny side note, when Kwintin Williams was in his last year here, he posted about selling some of his shoes. I DM'd him and asked him about a pair of KDs as we were the same size and he wanted $400 lol. He was a cool guy just not a great basketball player.
Didn’t notice they weren’t Nike lmao. Someone did a nice job designing those customs then…

So the UConn store periodically has Nike UConn shoes on sale? Need someone to make a post whenever they’re back in stock

Reaction Score
Pretty sure someone just made knockoffs, color is slightly different here but looks like these from a questionable site

Reaction Score
We aren't a big enough school to be able to order UCONN shoes from Nike:

These are great - I have a Packers pair - got my wife a Vikings pair and my son snagged a pair from MSU for me. I guess they don't sell enough UCONN gear to make it worth the while.

Reaction Score
Didn’t notice they weren’t Nike lmao. Someone did a nice job designing those customs then…

So the UConn store periodically has Nike UConn shoes on sale? Need someone to make a post whenever they’re back in stock
Very rarely there may be some general release of regular Nike shoes with UConn logos, but rare as they do larger schools like LSU/Bama/Ohio State most frequently, which is unfortunate.

Honestly the next closest are Jordan 14 Rip Hamilton's but have no UConn decor: Jordan 14 Retro Rip Hamilton

I also remember them planning to release a pair of LeBron's with UConn's logo, but that got cut early/UConn Player Exclusives.

What I was referring to was shoes like these: I have heard from some people you may find stuff like this at depot sales, but this was ~4 years ago and pure luck. Best bet is if you know someone tied to athletics and if/when they offload old stuff. Super cool, but fairly certain only the big sports even gets these customs, most other sports may just get a blue/grey colorway of a Nike generic shoe.
1675100022850.png

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score

Post/Handle/Join Date

When I first took note of a post or a Like/Dislike cluster, I followed a curiosity about your unfamiliar handle, and saw a low post-count that would fit with joining in January, but then I noticed that it wasn't 2023.

Once I sounded out the name, and thought back to 2018, I laughed.

I've wondered if this is a secondary account you've resurrected to express feelings about this month's play & game results reminding you of another disappointing time.

An anecdote about KW provided me with a great opening.

There's no criticism implied; more of an, "If the shoe fits..." thing.

Reaction Score
Post/Handle/Join Date

When I first took note of a post or a Like/Dislike cluster, I followed a curiosity about your unfamiliar handle, and saw a low post-count that would fit with joining in January, but then I noticed that it wasn't 2023.

Once I sounded out the name, and thought back to 2018, I laughed.

I've wondered if this is a secondary account you've resurrected to express feelings about this month's play & game results reminding you of another disappointing time.

An anecdote about KW provided me with a great opening.

There's no criticism implied; more of an, "If the shoe fits..." thing.
Nah this is my only account and I made it back when we couldn't make the NIT, then just kind of forgot about it and then remembered it when we started playing poorly again. Just happened.

Kinda feel bad for KW though, feel if he went to a smaller school he may have gotten more time and shine, but he is probably making good money off his motion capture/acting stuff he is doing now. I hung out with him once or twice and played pickup with him. A lot of fans give him hate due to his performances, but he was (at least in how I knew him) pretty laid back, super friendly and would talk to everyone. Just kind of in a small fish in a massive lake scenario, but if he went to like ECU or some smaller state school he may be a fish in a solid pond.

Reaction Score
Where did you find those? I never thought I'd ever see Adidas UConn shoes considering we're a Nike school...
I don't think they are Adidas, the stripes look wrong.

Reaction Score
I don't think they are Adidas, the stripes look wrong.
The stripes are skinny but Adidas does make shoes with skinny stripes like that. They’re definitely clones, or customized by a very talented person

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
Checks over stripes that's what I like.

boba

Somewhere around Barstow
Reaction Score
Pretty sure someone just made knockoffs, color is slightly different here but looks like these from a questionable site

Stan Smiths... back in the day, oh 1980 something, I had Stan Smiths, for playing tennis. Strange seeing them as a fashion statement now as I recall they were OK on clay and grass, but were awful just wearing around town.

Reaction Score
This is a link to the shoes. I ordered them, I'll let you know if they actually show up but the site looks legit. I did get a instant email confirmation and a 5-15 delivery window.

I will know soon enough.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom