Guns!?! | The Boneyard

Guns!?!

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Right after her arrival on campus, a poster (not me) gave Crystal Dangerfield the nick name "Guns". This particular photo provides an excellent illustration as to why. Look at the muscular definition of her arms. This is a "gun" show any way you look at it! There's only one place you can get arms like that. She's put in the work. She has quickly become one of the preeminent guards in the country. Imagine for a moment how good she's going to be next season.

Her body will mature even more, and her split second decision making skills will improve (as will her passing skills). :eek: I am so happy she wants to be a Husky, and the training wheels are off. She has fulfilled her destiny. She was brought in to replace Moriah Jefferson. MoJeff passed her the baton as she left. She'll carry it proudly until she graduates, then pass it on.......:D

920x920.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
"Guns" will not stick. People just don't like guns. Specially what happened in CT a few years back. Bad memories.

psconn

Proud Connecticut WBB Fan
Reaction Score
Yeah, Crystal transformed herself over the off-season, mentally and physically. That doesn't happen without some SERIOUS work. I commented on her musculature when the team photo was released. Gabby, Kia and Crystal all looked like they spent some hours in the weight room. I would love to see Megan do the same. Can you imagine how good she would be if she came back next season as ripped and ready like Crystal was this season? AA-level for sure.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
"Guns" will not stick. People just don't like guns. Specially what happened in CT a few years back. Bad memories.

Don't offer this to start a political debate, but: it is estimated, and I suspect underestimated, that 1 in 6 people own firearms in CT. But I tried to coin "Guns" for the pretty impressive muscles she arrived with, and, yes, she sure muscled up even more this last off season.

Reaction Score
Yeah. That was me. It didn't stick. But Guns she has and Guns she is.
Yes her physique is undeniable and the improvement of that and her game in just one year should be lauded. Her guns not only look good but they hit the target.
2s 485% 3s 487% FTs 773% . Also this has allowed her to show her caliber and be able to barrel her way around screens very well and keep the team goal in sight. ;)

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Guns and being black (African American) doesn't go over well as well

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Yes her physique is undeniable and the improvement of that and her game in just one year should be lauded. Her guns not only look good but they hit the target.
2s 485% 3s 487% FTs 773% . Also this has allowed her to show her caliber and be able to barrel her way around screens very well and keep the team goal in sight. ;)

I agree 1000% ;)

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
If Crystal keeps having shin issues, she may consider walking on her hands. :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
It stuck with me, too, and I have used it a few times on this board to refer to Crystal. I believe Guns is right up there with The Gabulous One as one of the top athletes in Division I women's basketball. The vertical she gets on her jump shot is unreal, it just goes mostly unnoticed because she's so short.

The Real Danger was introduced by someone else on this board around the same time, and quickly became her definitive nickname it seems.

Last edited:

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
As far as I know the first use of Guns Dangerfield was by me in a poll started on October 7, 2016 by Carnac on who would be the most improved player and I picked Pheesa, but noted in passing: "When Guns Dangerfield gets in sync this team is going to more than rock; they're going to roll. "

Reaction Score
As far as I know the first use of Guns Dangerfield was by me in a poll started on October 7, 2016 by Carnac on who would be the most improved player and I picked Pheesa, but noted in passing: "When Guns Dangerfield gets in sync this team is going to more than rock; they're going to roll. "

Speaking of Carnac, where is he? Have not seen him post in a long time.

Biff

Mega Monster Moderator
Reaction Score
Speaking of Carnac, where is he? Have not seen him post in a long time.
I've got a scoop for you. If you've been reading the board, you have....;)

Reaction Score
I've got a scoop for you. If you've been reading the board, you have....;)
I have, but not every single thread. I guess I missed the ones he posted on.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
I have, but not every single thread. I guess I missed the ones he posted on.

It was August 2017 when Carnac was last used to post I believe. I forget why and maybe someone has the scoop on this?.

shinobimono

The Sound of One Hand Clapping
Reaction Score
WOW! Look at those shoulders, too. Ripped like Bruce Lee.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chino323

Top Bottom