Guess who beat out Lenehan to become a captain? | The Boneyard

Guess who beat out Lenehan to become a captain?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I dont know why but i just find it funny that Amida is a captain. Only a sophmore and he is such a big goofball. Usually the funny guy isnt the team captain they must all expect great things out of him this year

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Loved Emily. Love Erika. That was a great interview. Where is Emily now?

Reaction Score
Emily Noonan was a babe tho...
No, this UConn sports girl is a babe.
molly qerim.jpg

Reaction Score
This girl is way taller than Noonan. She's almost eye level with Amida!

Reaction Score
Emily Noonan was a 4 star recruit that really panned out for us. Erica is a solid 3 star with a lot of upside. Chief's sources say she's going to produce if given starter's minutes this season, and if I managed to translate Chap's charming ramblings on the subject correctly he thinks she's the female equivalent of the rockski.

Reaction Score
I dont know why but i just find it funny that Amida is a captain. Only a sophmore and he is such a big goofball. Usually the funny guy isnt the team captain they must all expect great things out of him this year

I think when you look at his demeanor and actions during games he appears to be qualified.

On the court the kid is intense, encourages his teammates, hustles his arse off, never complains, doesn't let mistakes stop his effort, teammate falls he's right there to help them up, he's vocal, on the bench he's the number one cheerleader and overall a great team player. Also he's probably doing the right things in practice that we don't know about. Those are captain qualities irrespective of his happy go lucky/have fun persona.

In other words he displays it most importantly on the court, but off the court lets loose like many young kid do, and yes he appears goofy in a childish way. Nothing wrong with that at his stage in life. But I think he will gain his teammates respect, hell they all have to look up to him anyway. I think he will take being Captain as an honor and with all seriousness. 'UConn Captain' says a lot in itself.

I will go on to say that when he is done with his UConn days, the maturity he will receive with this title/responsibility will carry on with him in life. We will see a Boy to Man, by the time he 'graduates', but until then Brimah is happy just being a student athlete in America. Perhaps a dream come true for him, he's certainly living a dream after last season.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I think this young lady did a fine job. Thought she also had an understanding of sports generally and wasn't being fed material. Reminded me of my initial instinct that Allie LaForce was an athlete. And it turns out this one was a D1 field hockey player at Syracuse.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
I wonder if Amida being named captain is more about pushing Amida to step up to a different level, to see himself as a leader and to carry the weight of high expectations. I initially thought it was an odd and surprising choice, and now I hope it was not too much, too soon. But, as always, trust in KO to guide the ship.

sammydabiz

I sport NewBalance sneakers to avoid a narrow path
Reaction Score
Come on guys enough is enough..... These girls are daughters for crying out loud! How dare all of you, I hope you don't have daughters, let alone children! ;)

Reaction Score
Brimah should break EO's 4.7 bpg avg before leaving UConn and entering the NBA lottery after next year.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
Other than Boat, there are no seniors. Juniors are Nolan (who actually is a lovable goof) and Omar who is trying to find himself.
I think Boat's choice of Amida was great. I think KO recommended him. AB is 100% positive and 110% ten toes in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom