Guess who’s on the FoxSports shootaround crew? | The Boneyard

Guess who’s on the FoxSports shootaround crew?

Reaction Score
I remember back in 13-14' champ season - JC was doing some color commentary in the low 100's of the Barclays center for the Maryland game early on in the season.

Long story short - the older brother of a college buddy was running customer service for Barclays center at the time. And he greeted me and a couple of friends at the door and ushered us into the low 100's for the game. Had most of the section to ourselves, it was awesome.

At some point after the game, we were wandering around and JC was doing some color on air / interview. I gasped with excitement and said something to the effect of "omg it's Jim Calhoun". And I swear for a moment he turned to look at me, with that WTF JC face because I sort of - maybe - interrupted the broadcast. We briefly made eye contact and I was instantly filled with anxiety for having disrupted him.

Anyway a bit random.

TLDR: Saw JC interviewing post-game @ barlcays center, maybe / sorta interrupted him and he gave me the stank eye. Wet the bed for weeks afterward.

Reaction Score
Finally someone will hold Steve Lavin accountable for his siht takes

“Wouldja please…!”

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
He’s no dummy. He bleeds blue and He knows the power of MSG. He ain’t missing this.
Remember the speech he gave in 2014 when he walked into Ollie’s locker room in Buffalo before 7 seed huskies faced 2 seed nova, and his speech was ( in paraphrased essence) “dont screw up the next 40, because then you are going to msg and can’t be beat”

Calhoun is mojo master. And he has been very absent lately at games, but he knows better than anyone when to crank up the train. I feel very sorry for rest of big East (but not sorry).

Reaction Score
I remember back in 13-14' champ season - JC was doing some color commentary in the low 100's of the Barclays center for the Maryland game early on in the season.

Long story short - the older brother of a college buddy was running customer service for Barclays center at the time. And he greeted me and a couple of friends at the door and ushered us into the low 100's for the game. Had most of the section to ourselves, it was awesome.

At some point after the game, we were wandering around and JC was doing some color on air / interview. I gasped with excitement and said something to the effect of "omg it's Jim Calhoun". And I swear for a moment he turned to look at me, with that JC face because I sort of - maybe - interrupted the broadcast. We briefly made eye contact and I was instantly filled with anxiety for having disrupted him.

Anyway a bit random.

TLDR: Saw JC interviewing post-game @ barlcays center, maybe / sorta interrupted him and he gave me the stank eye. Wet the bed for weeks afterward.
It's interesting because I used to live in Storrs and I would run into Jim Calhoun across the street from E.O. Smith High School at the Sugar Shack. I would also see him in Gampel walking around during his summer basketball camp.

I would talk to him ever so briefly. He is surprisingly very easy to talk to and down to earth. He is not the cranky that most people see him as.

Reaction Score
It's interesting because I used to live in Storrs and I would run into Jim Calhoun across the street from E.O. Smith High School at the Sugar Shack. I would also see him in Gampel walking around during his summer basketball camp.

I would talk to him ever so briefly. He is surprisingly very easy to talk to and down to earth. He is not the cranky that most people see him as.
I've only had one interaction with him, but my experience matches yours. I asked him a small-talky "Feeling good about the game tonight?" He responded as if he'd been waiting all day for someone to ask him, and talked my ear off for the duration of the elevator ride.

That night, we lost in the first round of the NCAA tournament to San Diego :(

Reaction Score
He’s no dummy. He bleeds blue and He knows the power of MSG. He ain’t missing this.
Remember the speech he gave in 2014 when he walked into Ollie’s locker room in Buffalo before 7 seed huskies faced 2 seed nova, and his speech was ( in paraphrased essence) “dont screw up the next 40, because then you are going to msg and can’t be beat”

Calhoun is mojo master. And he has been very absent lately at games, but he knows better than anyone when to crank up the train. I feel very sorry for rest of big East (but not sorry).
Calhoun is like god to me I’m convinced everything he touches turns to gold, just look at St Joes now, he gave a pre game speech to UConn hockey before facing BC and we won and been pretty good since.

Was there any doubt Calhoun was gonna miss this Big East tourney. Let’s go win this thing now.

Reaction Score
I've only had one interaction with him, but my experience matches yours. I asked him a small-talky "Feeling good about the game tonight?" He responded as if he'd been waiting all day for someone to ask him, and talked my ear off for the duration of the elevator ride.

So, you're the one...

Reaction Score

I forgot about that powerful JC comment. Hard to believe how fast time passes.

Mike Honcho

I've lost count of titles
Reaction Score

That's the game when AJ Price tore his ACL. The wheels fell off after that.

Reaction Score

Agree, 100%. Great guy, good sense of humor. But, a competitor too!

Reaction Score
Jim brillantly sums up our issues in one short paragraph. Shooting and need another guy to go by people. On our roster, Gaffney may be long odds to do this - but he’s the only candidate. So let’s run with him.
138148E1-3477-4CAA-8162-E0F52B825A5C.jpeg

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score

JC take on this year’s UConn team:

"(T)hey have overwhelming size for a college basketball team. They have great depth. ... They're a good basketball team. They're old, that's the thing I keep looking at. Yeah, the young kids play, (Andre) Jackson and (Jordan) Hawkins, but generally speaking it's a very mature team. I think that will allow them, physically particularly, to win games. That's why they've had a good season."

Reaction Score
JC take on this year’s UConn team:

"(T)hey have overwhelming size for a college basketball team. They have great depth. ... They're a good basketball team. They're old, that's the thing I keep looking at. Yeah, the young kids play, (Andre) Jackson and (Jordan) Hawkins, but generally speaking it's a very mature team. I think that will allow them, physically particularly, to win games. That's why they've had a good season."
He’s nailed it.

Reaction Score
I’m thinking the presence of JC might bring a few more former players out of the woodwork this week/weekend. We know shabazz is back from Russia, Kemba isn’t playing for the Knicks… might have some good mojo and pep talk sources for our squad

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jamie Taco

Top Bottom