Guards???? | The Boneyard

Guards????

Reaction Score
Hard to believe 3 of our 4 guards were scoreless until the final 15 seconds. Adams wasn’t shooting with any conviction, Bouknight looked like a freshman, and vital and Gilbert pretty much did the things everyone on here has been complaining about all season. If one of those 4 has a decent night we win the game.....it’s a shame because we played good defense and had a good night from our bigs

Reaction Score
did we have any good guard recruits in attendance?

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
What is happening with JB right now reminds me of when an MLB player first gets called up. They go like 12/18 their first series and everyone thinks they’re a future HOFer. Eventually the other teams learn tendencies and develop scouting reports and the player starts over thinking and before you know it they’re hitting .220. What happens next is they begin to figure it out and settle in and become the player they will be.
I’m optimistic that he’ll be able to use these next three games to get it straight before AAC play starts.

Reaction Score
What is happening with JB right now reminds me of when an MLB player first gets called up. They go like 12/18 their first series and everyone thinks they’re a future HOFer. Eventually the other teams learn tendencies and develop scouting reports and the player starts over thinking and before you know it they’re hitting .220. What happens next is they begin to figure it out and settle in and become the player they will be.
I’m optimistic that he’ll be able to use these next three games to get it straight before AAC play starts.
I think it’s the nature of this day and age to go crazy over a small sample size.....I’m sure over time he will live up to those expectations.....it’s just going to happen a little more slowly than some expected

Reaction Score
Hurley has to let him figure things out.

Reaction Score
2022 Corey Floyd Jr.

I'm hoping Cliff saw that we're willing to get the ball inside.

is it just me or has there been more noise about 2022 recruits than 2021....floyd, clingan, zion, one or two others i cant remember at the moment...hope that means Hurley is confident bouk and akok will be here as juniors

Reaction Score
He's not a one and done type freshman. He's more of a Rip Hamilton freshman. Obvious talent, high potential and capable of making contributions. At this stage he's not a star player. In another season or two he'll be playing against the same ages of those players he dominated in high school. Until then it's all about experience more than performance. Div 1 ain't an easy adjustment.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Brendan Adams is shooting exactly how I thought he would be shooting it.

I posted earlier this season that every one of his 3's look awful and I had no idea how he was making so many.

AG is what he is. A bad shooter. And he falls on love with 17' J's.

I said last night and I'll repeat it again. Loved when Hurley benched CV early in second half. Wish he would have kept CV in bench rest of the game.

So disappointed Bouk didn't perform last night.

Against high level teams Sid and Akok seem most comfortable.

Reaction Score
Don’t forget about Gaffney who hasn’t showed a whole lot yet. I agree though, we need at least ONE of our guards to be a reliable scorer.

Gilbert definitely doesn’t look comfortable shooting right now which is hurting us. Starting 0-7 with a lot of those misses being very bad shots is pretty unacceptable, but unfortunately no one helps seems to be capable of running the offense or creating for others quite as effectively. Hopefully some of the younger guys continue to improve and we can get a little more consistency from the back court

Reaction Score
He's not a one and done type freshman. He's more of a Rip Hamilton freshman. Obvious talent, high potential and capable of making contributions. At this stage he's not a star player. In another season or two he'll be playing against the same ages of those players he dominated in high school. Until then it's all about experience more than performance. Div 1 ain't an easy adjustment.
This is a great assessment. People were putting him in the League after Charleston. Most non-casual fans knew there would be a regression to the mean. What I don’t get is whereas in Charleston he seemed to have a very defined role, Hurley now seems to be using him in odd ways. Sitting for VERY long stretches, playing less w the first team, etc. I thought we had our instant offense guy to plug right in as 6th man, but now his use seems more scattered to me.

Reaction Score
Brendan Adams is shooting exactly how I thought he would be shooting it.

I posted earlier this season that every one of his 3's look awful and I had no idea how he was making so many.

AG is what he is. A bad shooter. And he falls on love with 17' J's.

I said last night and I'll repeat it again. Loved when Hurley benched CV early in second half. Wish he would have kept CV in bench rest of the game.

So disappointed Bouk didn't perform last night.

Against high level teams Sid and Akok seem most comfortable.
Many people had the Bouknight like over reaction to Brendan Adams big game against Buffalo as if he had arrived as a big time player off of that performance

Reaction Score
See lamb freshman year.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom