Guardians of the Glades | The Boneyard

Guardians of the Glades

Reaction Score
Ever see Guardians of the Glades on Discovery? Real good. Guys in Florida glades catch and kill Burmese pythons that are overrunning glades. Hurricane Andrew freed a bunch and they are multiplying and wiping out wildlife there...crazy hunters.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
I haven't seen the show, but I've been aware of the ecological disaster of invasive pythons in Florida. I read somewhere scientists now think they are evolving (already) to become more tolerant of cooler temps. Not that Florida is normally cold, but it's not like Africa or SE Asia where they are from.

Reaction Score
I haven't seen the show, but I've been aware of the ecological disaster of invasive pythons in Florida. I read somewhere scientists now think they are evolving (already) to become more tolerant of cooler temps. Not that Florida is normally cold, but it's not like Africa or SE Asia where they are from.

Yes and plus they apparently procreate like rabbits. A mother births like 30-40 at a time. They believe over 300,000 now there and no predator to kill them other than man....state of FL pays hunters to catch and kill them.

Main hunter they follow on show walks everywhere in glades barefoot as "easier to feel stuff"...good ole boys.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Not only are the pythons evolving, but the damn iguanas that have overrun the area are as well. It really is like a damn jungle down here.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
At least the iguanas are still effected by cold. During rare periods of freezing, they literally fall out of the trees in a comatose like state.

Reaction Score
At least the iguanas are still effected by cold. During rare periods of freezing, they literally fall out of the trees in a comatose like state.

Heard Ron Magill from Miami metro zoo on the radio the other day talking about how they will build up an immunity to it and start migrating upstate. Damn things are a plague.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hipline

Top Bottom