G'town II ThoughtZ™ | The Boneyard

G'town II ThoughtZ™

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
  1. Sanogo fouls 30 feet from basket. Why?
  2. Sanogo on the floor with the steal, obvious tie up. No jump ball called.
  3. How much did these refs cost Ewing? Or is it anti-Hurley zebra brotherhood retribution from the last game?
  4. Holloway knocks Ajax to the ground. No call.
  5. Whaley grabbed his already taped left wrist as he turned to head the other way following Cole's three. Looked to be in a lot of pain. He was back on the floor with 7:30 left in the half. That's a relief.
  6. Hawkins! 12:12 left in the half displays nearly Ajax level athleticism with the most aggressive move of his young career. Then goes right to the rim on the next possession. Comes up empty, but I like his mindset.
  7. Martin getting physically hammered on the defensive boards. Ref's whistles must be out of order.
  8. Great dime for Sanogo just under 10 left.
  9. Sanogo's third foul might've been the first good call against him in the game.
  10. Matombo clearly traveled in the pivot against Zay. No call.
  11. Jackson blocks the 7'2" Matombo! And not a fingertip touch type block, either. Full and on the ball frm the top.
  12. Horrible call on Whaley with a minute and a half in the 1st.
  13. There's no question we're playing 5 on 8. 11 to 4 fouls called in the first half.
  14. Georgetown has 17 points from the field in the first half, on 9 of 37 shooting. Compared to 35 points on 20 of 40.
  15. 20 to 15 boards. 9 to 3 dimes. 5 to 2 blocks.
  16. G'town much more composed early in the 2nd. Huskies, not so much.
  17. Cole snapping them out of the post halftime doldrums.
  18. Still playing 5 on 8. G'town playing hack and grab while we're getting called for everything. White haired ref in particular.
  19. Lead goes to 20. Ewing calls time. I imagine the sideline talk goes along the line of "Do you guys have any idea how much I'm paying these refs for a win and you're still managing to this thing up?"
  20. Wow. Harris traveled twice going to the rim, and somehow it's a foul on Ajax.
  21. Ewing putting the press on our scrubs with 90 seconds left is pretty low class.
  22. G'town ball after they looked at the monitor? You're never going to convince me that these guys aren't on the take or just delivering a message for DH.
  23. Sure, we won all the columns in the box score that mattered except TOs & steals, which are irrevocable entwined. But it's the foul disparity that really stands out. 25 to 18, and 5 of their fouls were late game intentionals, so it was really more like 25 to 13 if not for Ewing's foul quickly strategy at the end.
  24. I hate to say it, but Akok is a shell of what he once was. I get nervous when he steps onto the court.
  25. Despite fouling out, AJax had a great game while he was in there. Shot 100% (4/4) from the field. 4 boards, 6 assists, 2 blocks and no turnovers.
  26. Thirty points from the bench is comforting. 11 each for Polley and Hawkins, plus 8 from Gaffney. Those three added 6 boards and a dime apiece as well.
  27. Martin was 1 point shy of a double double. 9 points and 14 boards.

Reaction Score
G'town ball after they looked at the monitor? You're never going to convince me that these guys aren't on the take or just delivering a message for DH.
Did they go to the monitor for that call? Because that was clear as day off Georgetown. I don't know how they missed that call live but looking at the monitor too? Didn't matter in the game but you'd think refs could be better than that.

Reaction Score
They went to the monitor and did not reverse the call. Bizarre unless there is no accountability from the league for that. We got through the game and Whaley seemed to be able to still play effectively after being hurt which is a relief. Everyone put in a workman like performance and for the most part played well. I hope we were saving something for Creighton. It will be a total opposite of the environment we played in today.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
  1. Sanogo fouls 30 feet from basket. Why?
  2. Sanogo on the floor with the steal, obvious tie up. No jump ball called.
  3. How much did these refs cost Ewing? Or is it anti-Hurley zebra brotherhood retribution from the last game?
  4. Holloway knocks Ajax to the ground. No call.
  5. Whaley grabbed his already taped left wrist as he turned to head the other way following Cole's three. Looked to be in a lot of pain. He was back on the floor with 7:30 left in the half. That's a relief.
  6. Hawkins! 12:12 left in the half displays nearly Ajax level athleticism with the most aggressive move of his young career. Then goes right to the rim on the next possession. Comes up empty, but I like his mindset.
  7. Martin getting physically hammered on the defensive boards. Ref's whistles must be out of order.
  8. Great dime for Sanogo just under 10 left.
  9. Sanogo's third foul might've been the first good call against him in the game.
  10. Matombo clearly traveled in the pivot against Zay. No call.
  11. Jackson blocks the 7'2" Matombo! And not a fingertip touch type block, either. Full and on the ball frm the top.
  12. Horrible call on Whaley with a minute and a half in the 1st.
  13. There's no question we're playing 5 on 8. 11 to 4 fouls called in the first half.
  14. Georgetown has 17 points from the field in the first half, on 9 of 37 shooting. Compared to 35 points on 20 of 40.
  15. 20 to 15 boards. 9 to 3 dimes. 5 to 2 blocks.
  16. G'town much more composed early in the 2nd. Huskies, not so much.
  17. Cole snapping them out of the post halftime doldrums.
  18. Still playing 5 on 8. G'town playing hack and grab while we're getting called for everything. White haired ref in particular.
  19. Lead goes to 20. Ewing calls time. I imagine the sideline talk goes along the line of "Do you guys have any idea how much I'm paying these refs for a win and you're still managing to this thing up?"
  20. Wow. Harris traveled twice going to the rim, and somehow it's a foul on Ajax.
  21. Ewing putting the press on our scrubs with 90 seconds left is pretty low class.
  22. G'town ball after they looked at the monitor? You're never going to convince me that these guys aren't on the take or just delivering a message for DH.
  23. Sure, we won all the columns in the box score that mattered except TOs & steals, which are irrevocable entwined. But it's the foul disparity that really stands out. 25 to 18, and 5 of their fouls were late game intentionals, so it was really more like 25 to 13 if not for Ewing's foul quickly strategy at the end.
  24. I hate to say it, but Akok is a shell of what he once was. I get nervous when he steps onto the court.
  25. Despite fouling out, AJax had a great game while he was in there. Shot 100% (4/4) from the field. 4 boards, 6 assists, 2 blocks and no turnovers.
  26. Thirty points from the bench is comforting. 11 each for Polley and Hawkins, plus 8 from Gaffney. Those three added 6 boards and a dime apiece as well.
  27. Martin was 1 point shy of a double double. 9 points and 14 boards.
#21 - Oral Roberts and Michigan recently put on late-game presses that resulted in fighting during the handshake because of the winning team having a player dunk on a steal or the winning coach call a time out.

Hurley subbed starters back in and avoided the brawl. Pretty solid after getting ejected on Tuesday, even if I'm mostly joking.

#25 - Solid game on stats and to the eyes, with an interesting exception I'm starting to track. AJax is so resistant to taking the ball to the rim strong that he again dumped the ball off to somebody else too poorly positioned (Sanogo' s barreling offensive foul) and twice needlessly kicked out to Martin with a short clock remaining. Once, it was a rushed, missed 3. The other time, it was a rushed, missed drive to the hole. Each time, the result was a non-assist on a 'worse' shot than might have come from a player with a more confident 'take it to the hole strong' game.

Later in the game, AJax got the ball deep and actually went up quickly & made the basket. If he develops this possibility in his game watch out. For now, it's clear that there's no stat recorded for those non-plays, but they registered in my mind a quasi-turnovers.

Reaction Score
After the previous 2 home games and all that went down, unfortunately we won’t be getting the benefit of the doubt on calls.

Reaction Score
Sorry that's B/S, you go to the monitor to get the call right not give a team the shaft. If what you say is true the BE needs to investigate this.

MJ1

Reaction Score
#21 - Oral Roberts and Michigan recently put on late-game presses that resulted in fighting during the handshake because of the winning team having a player dunk on a steal or the winning coach call a time out.

Hurley subbed starters back in and avoided the brawl. Pretty solid after getting ejected on Tuesday, even if I'm mostly joking.

#25 - Solid game on stats and to the eyes, with an interesting exception I'm starting to track. AJax is so resistant to taking the ball to the rim strong that he again dumped the ball off to somebody else too poorly positioned (Sanogo' s barreling offensive foul) and twice needlessly kicked out to Martin with a short clock remaining. Once, it was a rushed, missed 3. The other time, it was a rushed, missed drive to the hole. Each time, the result was a non-assist on a 'worse' shot than might have come from a player with a more confident 'take it to the hole strong' game.

Later in the game, AJax got the ball deep and actually went up quickly & made the basket. If he develops this possibility in his game watch out. For now, it's clear that there's no stat recorded for those non-plays, but they registered in my mind a quasi-turnovers.
The difference is Michigan was pressing the walk ons as Georgetown was pressing scholarship players.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thebug23

Top Bottom