Growing National Profile of A Gal Called Stewie | The Boneyard

Growing National Profile of A Gal Called Stewie

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
‘The sky’s the limit’ for Storm star Breanna Stewart, on and off court

Friday was reflect and clean out the lockers day for Sue Bird and the rest of the Storm, or almost all the rest:

"All, that is, but Breanna Stewart, who was in Los Angeles doing a series of ESPN appearances and other national media. (She will return in time for Sunday’s parade.)

It’s only fitting, though. While a recurring theme Friday was how this Seattle title was a total team effort, there’s absolutely no doubt Stewart is emerging as a prominent voice of not just the Storm, but the WNBA. Her national profile is growing rapidly."

Bird, who has filled that role admirably for more than a decade, is delighted with Stewart’s increasing visibility. She lists all the obvious factors Stewart possesses as the reigning MVP of both the league and the Finals — her youth, her talent, her versatility on the court.

But beyond that, Bird says, is a certain “it” factor Stewart possesses.

Bird, who has filled that role admirably for more than a decade, is delighted with Stewart’s increasing visibility. She lists all the obvious factors Stewart possesses as the reigning MVP of both the league and the Finals — her youth, her talent, her versatility on the court.

But beyond that, Bird says, is a certain “it” factor Stewart possesses.

“There’s something about her personality,’’ Bird said. “She’s got this youthful kind of innocence and sweetness about her, but then she’s like a killer on the court."

Yes, thus it was at UCnn too. The almost emotionless assassin ... just another day at the office, ho-hum. :)

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Hughes on Stewie:

“I’m not saying she’s the best player right now, but her impact — I have not been around a player I think will impact the game any greater than Stewie,” Hughes said.

Like Bird, Hughes said it goes beyond talent and touches upon what he called “the culture of her.”

Hughes elaborated:

“How she’s been coached. How she’s been raised. How she has got an understanding of the right basketball play. So many talented people can take you to their strength, but she can take you to the best basketball play at the appropriate moment. Which is astounding, because there’s different ways she could interpret her talent.

“I think it has a lot to do with how she’s been coached, I think it has a lot to do with how she’s been raised, and it has a lot to do with the person inside her.”

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
“She’s got this youthful kind of innocence and sweetness about her, but then she’s like a killer on the court."

The term "youthful" no longer applies to Sue, but otherwise, that's a description of Sue. Diana will sneer and swear at you, spit on you, and kick you, but Sue will cut your heart out, just like Dee, as she smiles at you and runs around in her cute ponytail.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44
Top Bottom