Groupon for 52% discount on UConn/Duke tix | The Boneyard

Groupon for 52% discount on UConn/Duke tix

Status
Not open for further replies.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
The exciting matchup means both teams—and their fans—would be wise to keep their focus on the court.

Reaction Score
There is also a buy 1 get 1 Ticket buying option on ticketmaster.com At least you know your exact seating location buying through this option. It's about $15 more per ticket. Groupon gives only section numbers.

Reaction Score
Makes it that much more exciting. If I wouldn't get in so much for missing the Friday before xmas at work...

BUHusky

The original. Accept no substitutes.
Reaction Score
So much for owning the NYC area... This game is now a freaking Groupon deal. Ugh.

I guess my friends and I were stupid for jumping on the pre-sale back in the summer. For whatever ridiculous reason we thought UConn/Duke tickets would be a scarce commodity. Guess not.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
Not a good sign for our turnout next week.

Reaction Score
It's a Thursday night in New Jersey. If the venue is MSG you have an easy sellout because of the metro north option. No one wants to deal with that traffic midweek. If it was on a weekend it'd be fine but not surprised in the least with the horrible choice in venue.

Reaction Score
BUHusky10 said:

Early season games in the NYC area almost never come close to selling out, unless UK is playing. Uconn, syracuse, duke...you name it, all will have thousands of empty seats.

Reaction Score
Yeah driving to NJ on Thursday is a non-starter for a lot of people. You have to take at least half of Thursday off then take Friday off unless you feel like taking a 4 hour drive home at 11 then working on Friday. I'd absolutely be there if it was a Friday-Sunday afternoon game.

Reaction Score
I'm still going to wait and get cheaper on stubhub in a couple of days. Hoping for lower level... Weird how this isn't a tough ticket at all, but my guess is the Thursday night in jersey and not NYC is the cause

Reaction Score
There is also a buy 1 get 1 Ticket buying option on ticketmaster.com At least you know your exact seating location buying through this option. It's about $15 more per ticket. Groupon gives only section numbers.

Is there a promo code for the buy 1 get 1?

Reaction Score
Click on special offers and drop down menu shows buy one get one offer. This is what was available a few minutes ago under choose your own seats. Have to figure a per ticket fee will be applied plus an order charge. OK getting very greedy with fees. So you are up to $57 per seat.

Duke Blue Devils Men's Basketball vs. UConn Huskies Men's Basketball
IZOD Center, East Rutherford, NJ
Thu, Dec 18, 2014 08:00 PM

Review Information
Section
Row
Seats
9 - 10
Description
Price Level 5
UPPER LEVEL
Seating Chart opens in a new window

Type
Buy One Get One Offer

Ticket Price
US $45.00 x 2

Facility Charge
US $4.00 x 2

Service Fee
US $8.25 x 2

SUBTOTAL*
US $114.50

Reaction Score
Nelson will try and tell us that the lack of demand must have something to do with the American conference. If we were in the C7 league we would sell more tickets for the Duke game :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Nelson will try and tell us that the lack of demand must have something to do with the American conference. If we were in the C7 league we would sell more tickets for the Duke game :rolleyes:

lack of ticket sales sure won't help us escape the AAC

Reaction Score
It's Duke's fault, LOL. They did not want this game at MSG because half of CT would show-up and everyone knows that making it from even Fairfield County to IZOD on a Thursday night by 8 PM after work is a no possible. Duke has strong ties Jersey basketball, so I am not surprised that it is at IZOD, though I am surprised that it is not at the Rock as that arena is much nicer.

Maybe they can play this classic on the video board :) during the game.

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score

I clicked on ticketmaster to see the seats bought and available using their map, and it shows about 98% of the lowel level sold, and more than half of the upper level seats are also sold. Of course don't know the ratio of UConn/Duke supporters, but the arena will be far from empty.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
It's Duke's fault, LOL. They did not want this game at MSG because half of CT would show-up and everyone knows that making it from even Fairfield County to IZOD on a Thursday night by 8 PM after work is a no possible. Duke has strong ties Jersey basketball, so I am not surprised that it is at IZOD, though I am surprised that it is not at the Rock as that arena is much nicer.

I love how Rod was called a dirty player for years after that. All he was doing was retaliating for a cheap shot elbow CL planted on his mouth moments before that play.

CL didn't even react to it, he knows he deserved it

and CL, that good ole clean boy, has a history of cheap shots

Reaction Score
I love how Rod was called a dirty player for years after that. All he was doing was retaliating for a cheap shot elbow CL planted on his mouth moments before that play.

CL didn't even react to it, he knows he deserved it

and CL, that good ole clean boy, has a history of cheap shots

I know, one reason I could not stand 'pretty boy' Laettner and that, to me at least, is when Duke started to earn their reputation as the NCAA's darlings that could do no wrong. I did try to fin a clip of Laettner elbowing Sellers on YouTube; but, had no luck.

Instead, IZOD could just show this play from 1999 :) at the 4:50 mark (and if I have not said it before, thanks Ricky!).

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score

Much more benign in the video than it looks on the still. C'mon ref let the kids play....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CT2SC

Top Bottom