Grey has changed his tune | The Boneyard

Grey has changed his tune

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Who??

Anyway new rule: if you use the phrase "couldn't give two hoots on a tin whistle" you're no longer allowed to comment on conference realignment. At that point get yourself a bag of Werther's Originals, an easy chair, and start a blog about growing tomatoes.

Reaction Score
Not sure Fairfield County doesn't care at all about UConn. If there was a winning product, the Rent would be near full. Being in the AAC doesn't help. We know it's a catch 22 but that's just the situation.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
God I hope UConn teams don't have to travel to play games. That would be a horrible development.

Good lord those two are straight idiots.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
His argument is that UConn isn't ready for P5 because the women's field hockey team shouldn't travel far?

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
UConn really deserves better. If UConn held a weekend CR seminar for the journalists who try to cover its sports programs, it might go a long way. There are lots of members of our Connecticut journalists and talk show hosts who simply don't understand the first thing about CR. After the weekend seminar, maybe UConn will find an advocate within the media ranks that can communicate its message and profile to the national audiences who want to know.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
I didn't read the article so my comment is not specific to it.

I'm just sick and tired of local talking heads playing both sides against the middle with comments akin to, "Hey, I could be wrong (some even patronize with, "I hope I'm wrong..."), but I don't see UConn getting an invite." Well, no help from you guys. The Powers-that-be may not pay attention to local talking heads, but the prevailing attitude certainly doesn't help.

I can just see if/when UConn inevitably does get the invite, they will all come back with an "I-told-you-it-was-possible," type comment.

Connecticut Sports is it's own self fulfilling prophesy.

Reaction Score
So this moron goes from UConn is headed to the B1G according to his "sources" to now not being a candidate because they will be a drain on the conference. Scott Grey is a complete tool..this article being another feather in his cap. He has no clue about the process behind the on-campus ice hockey facility..nor does he mention the surcharge on tickets that will pay for facility upgrades that he says the school needs and can't afford.

Reaction Score
Scott Grey had the Rams moving to Hartford. For real. He hung on to that one for a very long time.
Seriously....that actually just made me laugh very hard. He really is a complete moron.

Reaction Score
25000 not only wasn't the highest attendance for a football game this year it would have been the lowest. (without checking but maybe ECU was 24k+) our local media has gone from clueless apathy in CR to direct negativity.

Reaction Score
So this moron goes from UConn is headed to the B1G according to his "sources" to now not being a candidate because they will be a drain on the conference. Scott Grey is a complete tool..this article being another feather in his cap. He has no clue about the process behind the on-campus ice hockey facility..nor does he mention the surcharge on tickets that will pay for facility upgrades that he says the school needs and can't afford.
Oh it's way worse than that. Immediately following the National Championships in 2014, he was saying on TIC that UCONN would be getting an invite from the SEC. The guy is a total crackpot!!

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
What were those valid points? Read the article and honestly didn't see any.
I mean, I guess it would be nice if all the wealthy CEO's living in Darien decided to donate millions every year to UConn. Sure.

Reaction Score
Seriously, did Grey just write the Big10 may regret their decision to add Rutgers and Maryland and then state this regret may prevent future Big10 additions like UConn? Rutgers and Maryland may not have significantly added to the "on field competitiveness" of the Big10 but their contribution has already paid dividends in the revenue stream. This type of speculatory trolling never gets old.

The next BIG TV contract is going to be a monster. Conference realignment is all about money which is directly tied to a conference's population footprint. Rutgers and Maryland absolutely served their purpose.

The best way to update facilities is to earn more money. Membership in a P5 conference does that... the other way to earn more money is to increase fan interest by scheduling more exciting opponents. P5 status also does that...

Does UConn have areas it will need to improve? Yes. That does not mean UConn should not be in a P5 conference.

Just a plain dumb article.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
The best part about him changing his tune is that he might be wrong. Again.

More useless hacks.
This. Grey being against our chances is the best news I heard in a while.

The Funster

What?
Reaction Score
Don't these hacks realize that UConn being in a major conference would be good for them? Who would be better to cover, a rising UConn or one that was slowly receding?

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
so1