Greg Economou's next venture | The Boneyard

Greg Economou's next venture

C

Chief00

Chief - remembers when he was a young gun. Another guy who survived Calhoun and it made him stronger.

Reaction Score
Greg is a great guy. We had a class together our first semester in the fall of 83. Happy to see him so successful.

Reaction Score
Some may remember he was a baseball player Calhoun recruited to play the year Gamble and Robinson were declared ineligible in the second semester. He did a creditable job playing meaningful minutes to help the team.

That 86-87 team was awful (9-19) but one ugly play stands out. Georgetown at home in Hartford. Second half, Economou got ahead of the pack on a fast break and got clobbered by one of Georgetown's stars and fell hard to the floor. He laid there awhile then got up. Why I remember it so well is the mother and daughter sitting behind us making derogatory comments about UConn throughout the game. They were Georgetown fans sitting in free seats owned by some company with UConn season tickets, and the very unattractive daughter laughed when Economou hit the floor. My wife restrained me as I turned and was about to say, "we may look bad this year, but you're going to look like this your entire life."

Probably not the nicest thing I could have said and one great move by my wife!

Reaction Score
Some may remember he was a baseball player Calhoun recruited to play the year Gamble and Robinson were declared ineligible in the second semester. He did a creditable job playing meaningful minutes to help the team.

That 86-87 team was awful (9-19) but one ugly play stands out. Georgetown at home in Hartford. Second half, Economou got ahead of the pack on a fast break and got clobbered by one of Georgetown's stars and fell hard to the floor. He laid there awhile then got up. Why I remember it so well is the mother and daughter sitting behind us making derogatory comments about UConn throughout the game. They were Georgetown fans sitting in free seats owned by some company with UConn season tickets, and the very unattractive daughter laughed when Economou hit the floor. My wife restrained me as I turned and was about to say, "we may look bad this year, but you're going to look like this your entire life."

Probably not the nicest thing I could have said and one great move by my wife!
Reminds me of the quote by Winston Churchill that I first heard at UConn. You showed more restraint than a statesman.

When accused by one of them of being 'disgustingly drunk' the Conservative Prime Minister responded: 'My dear, you are ugly, and what’s more, you are disgustingly ugly. But tomorrow I shall be sober and you will still be disgustingly ugly.'

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom