Green Bay women | The Boneyard

Green Bay women

Reaction Score
Nice to see that the Green Bay Phoenix are still getting it done, as I remember being very impressed with their coaching, their team, and their style of play when they gave us a tussle a couple years back. Can't give them a ton of credit for playing "Oshkosh" in the pre-season ( : but ample credit for coming within a hair of taking down Wisconsin and a slightly thicker hair of knocking off ND......their only two losses to date. A team to watch in March?

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
Nice to see that the Green Bay Phoenix are still getting it done, as I remember being very impressed with their coaching, their team, and their style of play when they gave us a tussle a couple years back. Can't give them a ton of credit for playing "Oshkosh" in the pre-season ( : but ample credit for coming within a hair of taking down Wisconsin and a slightly thicker hair of knocking off ND.their only two losses to date. A team to watch in March?
Well, they should have beaten Wisconsin, I would think. Not a good team.

Still coached by Kevin Borseth, who returned there after about 5 years at Michigan. Didn't like the pressure of the big time.

You played them in 2007 (NCAA'a) and 2014. I spoke to Borseth in passing at the 2007 Final Four and he commented that if he had Kia Vaughn, then RU's center, he might have had a chance to beat you in the 2nd round. OTH, they did lose by 24, but they did challenge for a while, IIRC.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Nice to see that the Green Bay Phoenix are still getting it done, as I remember being very impressed with their coaching, their team, and their style of play when they gave us a tussle a couple years back. Can't give them a ton of credit for playing "Oshkosh" in the pre-season ( : but ample credit for coming within a hair of taking down Wisconsin and a slightly thicker hair of knocking off ND.their only two losses to date. A team to watch in March?
One of those teams you really don't want to play in March.

Reaction Score
I've always enjoyed watching the Phoenix play. Usually scrappy and undersized, well-coached and full of local success stories.

Reaction Score
I remember attending the last game between us and them, which took place at the Thanksgiving Gulf Coast Tournament in Florida. Well coached team and their coach is very animated. At one point in the game, he fell to his knees facing his bench, leaned forward and acted like he was putting his head in a gas oven. Really funny. Also their fans are very supporting, as every time we did the UCONN cheer, they responded with a cheer of their own. It became a battle between the fans who was louder. You can guess who won both the game and cheering contest. One of the better games of the year. Since then I have been following their program and hope that we get the chance to meet again in the future.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom