OT: Greatest play in school history | The Boneyard

OT: Greatest play in school history

Reaction Score
Cool play but that’s football and they scored on the next down I think

Nice hit and all, but it isn't as meaningful if the same back got the ball the next play and scored. His instant recovery would be bigger than the hit, in my opinion.

Reaction Score
@superjohn definitely has a point with the state of the board...some crazy takes all around... apparently now ranging across sports
We'll get back to normal with the vaccine, hopefully coming sooner than later. Just saying, mulligans and forgiveness aplenty nowadays. Crazy times!

District-Husky

Casual DC Fan
Reaction Score

Greatest play in the history of UConn athletics and it’s not particularly close

To me, the greatest play in school history has to be something meaningful - or a play that led to something meaningful.

Reaction Score
1606763365334.jpeg

Reaction Score
"And he hit the shot" was pretty darn memorable. Shame the guy is in jail, but "one second left" sure is in the "great" category.

"What's he doing? Going one on one against the best defender in college basketball... and he travelled... " ranks pretty high too."

Reaction Score
"And he hit the shot" was pretty darn memorable. Shame the guy is in jail, but "one second left" sure is in the "great" category.

"What's he doing? Going one on one against the best defender in college basketball... and he travelled... " ranks pretty high too."

By far the 1 and 2 on any list for UConn sports and its not close.

Reaction Score
1. As much as I loved the first Edsall years, no, that play wasn't even close. The answer to the question would be Tate George's shot, and it's not close.

2. Watching it live, the Greg Lloyd hit was somewhat disappointing, because when I first saw it I assumed the ball carrier's head was still in the helmet when the helmet went flying off. I was disappointed to see that somewho the helmet had separated itself from the head.

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score

What's the second one from? Feels like it could be '99 vs Dook, but i can't put my finger on it.

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
Langdon vs Moore when UConn was up 75-74. Moore was like 2 steps ahead of that spin move Langdon tried.

“the whole season on the line and Langdon travelled!”
Thanks, I had a feeling that was it, but I didn't remember the quote itself.

Reaction Score

Greatest play in the history of UConn athletics and it’s not particularly close

I was at the game beautiful fall football day - incredible. Felt like I was in the movie Rudy. Emotional game too because that’s right after UConn’s cornerback died. Forgot his name. Rip

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Not even the best FB play, while still a signature highlight.

FB: DJ in 2OT vs Pitt.
MBB: so many but the finalist are Tate, Rip, Kemba, Trajon
WBB: I don't follow closely, but I always liked DT working the UT basket stantion pad.

All time: probably Tate maybe Trajon, but definitely MBB.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom