Greatest Moments at Gampel???? | The Boneyard

Greatest Moments at Gampel????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
This year Gampel turns 25 years old. I was wondering what were some of peoples favorite moments at Gampel. For me it would have to be Kemba floater to beat Villanova.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
This year Gampel turns 25 years old. I was wondering what were some of peoples favorite moments at Gampel. For me it would have to be Kemba floater to beat Villanova.
this, im sure there are some others but definitely that one leads the list... also beating cuse in 09 when dyson went down and beating #1 Texas

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
Best gampel memory? Either Kemba floater against Ville my freshman year like @gampelcrazies mentioned, or Bazz's game winner against Florida last year in my senior year. Yea that right, student for both titles baby, great memories.

Reaction Score
UConnSwag11 said:
this, im sure there are some others but definitely that one leads the list... also beating cuse in 09 when dyson went down and beating #1 Texas

Crazy how in my head we "lost" that game. The sorrow if losing Dyson has dominated that memory for me I guess. Such a fluke way to go down too. He got kneed by onuaku?

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Beating Arizona in 2000 with that goaltending call against Loren Woods on Tony's shot with like a second left was a pretty awesome Gampel moment for me. I won four seats at half court, four rows off the court, in a charity auction and brought three good buds. We sat right behind Packer and *may* have yelled insults at him.

The goaltend call was BS btw, but we'd been on the losing side of so many bad breaks in our history that we didn't care.

Reaction Score
The Villanova game in 1996. Nothing ever came close to topping this until the last moment on my list.
Blowing Stanford out of the building in '98.
The 2 NIT games in '97. You could see things starting to come together and signs that that group of players could be special.
The reception for the 99 championship team.
Selvie making 2 free throws with 5 seconds left to beat Miami in '02. The place went from dead quiet to crazy. Twice.
Napier's game winner against Florida last year.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
Best UConn game ever? Gampel or not has got to be vs. MSU this past year at MSG, the air was absolutely electric. Traveled with the student section which got 200 seats in the upper corner section but we made ourselves heard, after cutting down the nets Ollie gave the section a huge shoutout too. Will never forget.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
Stomping a highly ranked OU team in 04 capped by Taliek's cross over one handed dish.

The snow game against Pitt. You suck Chevy.

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
another vote for the Texas game in 09-10. Gampel was rocking despite that disappointing year.

Bazz's game-winner vs Florida was awesome as well.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Best ones I've been to:

2006 vs Nova
2010 vs Texas
2011 vs Nova
2012 vs Cuse
2013 vs Georgetown

A couple losses in there but all great games.

Reaction Score
I know this was a loss, but if you're talking about best moments, how about Kemba scoring like 15 straight points against Notre Dame on his senior day? The sequence where Hansbrough fouled out and we went on a huge run was as loud as I've ever heard the place on TV.

4in16

uses the force
Reaction Score
I know this was a loss, but if you're talking about best moments, how about Kemba scoring like 15 straight points against Notre Dame on his senior day? The sequence where Hansbrough fouled out and we went on a huge run was as loud as I've ever heard the place on TV.
This and Omar's 3 vs Georgetown, losses but the place was electric.

Reaction Score
This is a game that sticks out for me from 1995. This is the only video I could find on Youtube. Big Monday vs Cuse, doesn't get better than that.

Silk31

CA$$$HHHHH
Reaction Score
2006 vs Nova and 2011 vs Texas were the loudest I have ever heard Gampel. That Nova game was a revenge game and those two teams were awesome that year. I watched it again on UConnHuskyGames.com. That year really ignited a great rivalry between us and Nova.

Sticks brought the house down with his alley oop dunk vs Texas and I actually got to rush the court so those two games really stuck out for me

I can't imagine being at Bazz's buzzer beater vs Florida though - that crowd looked raucous on TV, can't even fathom what it was like in person

Reaction Score
This is SUCH a great thread.......'99 MSU when Izzo and Mateen Cleaves came into town anyone? Gampel was ROCKIN'

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Best UConn game ever? Gampel or not has got to be vs. MSU this past year at MSG, the air was absolutely electric. Traveled with the student section which got 200 seats in the upper corner section but we made ourselves heard, after cutting down the nets Ollie gave the section a huge shoutout too. Will never forget.

Reaction Score
This is SUCH a great thread..'99 MSU when Izzo and Mateen Cleaves came into town anyone? Gampel was ROCKIN'
I was only 11 at the time and remember seeing that game on TV and thinking WOAH

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Really? That game was a steaming pile. The team looked cooked after that one.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Best UConn game ever? Gampel or not has got to be vs. MSU this past year at MSG...

Please, not only does that game not answer the question it pales in comparison to 77-74.

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
The loudest I've ever heard Gampel CONSISTENTLY for the WHOLE game has to be vs #1 Texas in '10. So many huge plays where the crowd just went bonkers:
  • Stix throws down half-court alley oop
  • Multiple Majok blocks
  • Dyson steal and tomahawk jam
  • Kemba DEEP 3 as shot clock winds down
  • D-Bev steal and dunk
That place was LOUD throughout the WHOLE game. The ENTIRE student section was going nuts, not just the lower bowl like normal.

Sucks that the team couldn't quite put it together that year.

Reaction Score
I'm gonna throw in a vote for UConn/Villanova in 1996. Allen vs Kittles. Both teams were 4-0 in the Big East heading into that game, I think it was #6 vs #7....and on top of it, the game was pushed back a day for a snowstorm and bad roads. Villanova had been in town since Saturday and the crowd was extra whipped up for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom