Greatest Game Ever | The Boneyard

Greatest Game Ever

Reaction Score
Hi everyone

What was the greatest game ever played? It could be a uconn game or any other sport.

phillionaire

esta noche somos mantequilla
Reaction Score
1631117307775.png

Reaction Score
I would agree the uconn game vs Cincinnati that went four OT in the 2014 AAC tournament with Jalen Adams' shot is a great game brcause if Jalen didnt make that bucket the game would be over. I think uconn had to come back to win that game.

But what about the uconn vs pittsburgh game in the 2011 big east tournament with Kemba's bucket to win the game? That game was tied and uconn had to come back to win that game 76-74.

Reaction Score
I would agree the uconn game vs Cincinnati that went four OT in the 2014 AAC tournament with Jalen Adams' shot is a great game brcause if Jalen didnt make that bucket the game would be over. I think uconn had to come back to win that game.

But what about the uconn vs pittsburgh game in the 2011 big east tournament with Kemba's bucket to win the game? That game was tied and uconn had to come back to win that game 76-74.
Both of those games gave us so much momentum. We wound up winning the conference tournament after those games

Reaction Score
Amen bro. And we ended up winning the national championship both years

Reaction Score
I‘ll go away from the obvious UConn championships and gold medal games and say one of the greatest games I ever saw was game 5 of the 1976 NBA Finals between the Suns and Celtics in Boston that went triple OT.

This game had last second shots by Gar Heard and Havlichek, fans storming the court thinking the game was over when it wasn’t, players getting called back from the locker room to continue the game and a fan attacking a ref.

You can even You Tube this game and rewatch the game or all of the end of the game heroics. Watching the footage and listening to the announcers brings you back to the craziness.

Reaction Score
The Miracle On Ice is far and away the most memorable, exciting, surprising, greatest game ever played.

Reaction Score
Boxing’s not a game but the Thriller in Manila is right up there. If they hadn’t stopped it both Ali and Smokin Joe would’ve died in that ring. And if it was a 20 round fight, that’s just what would’ve happened. Brutal.

Reaction Score
since boxing was mentioned, I would have to say the "Brawl in Montreal", the first Duran vs. Leonard fight. Duran won that one.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
The Miracle On Ice is far and away the most memorable, exciting, surprising, greatest game ever played.
Except it was shown on tape delay.

BlueDolphin

Playful Mammal
Reaction Score
The Original Miracle on Ice US Hockey Team beats Russia at Lake Placid Olympics in 1960. Bunch of kids kind of thrown together - much less organized than 1980. No great coach like Herb Brooks. Watched the game on B & W TV in crowded Fraternity TV room at a school that was then a huge hockey school (RPI).

US won because goalie Jack McCarten stood on his head, turning away one ferocious Russian onslaught. He may have been the only guy who later played in the NHL, for the Rangers. But he was a flopper, while NHL preferred standup goalies, so he didn't last long.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Most entertaining games is different from greatest, greatest includes materiality along with a compelling and thrilling game experience.

Miracle on Ice win

Game 6 of the 1975 World Series

NC State over Houston, 1983 final

Patriots comeback over Falcons, 2017 Superbowl. The 2001 win over the Rams and the game saving interception against Seahawks, also great.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom