Greater Hartford Pro Am | The Boneyard

Greater Hartford Pro Am

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dribbles

Mrs. Dribbles
Reaction Score
GHPA will be beginning tonight at SMSA at 6:30pm, with Springfield Slam playing against not sure and then the next game will be Cambyland and Hot 97.3. GHPA needs support in getting sponsors for this year and especially for next year, 20th anniversary.

I know that Rodney P is on the Slam with possibly Amida and Terry Larrier and I am sure there will be other UCONN players. Also Central Connecticut will have players present.

If anyone has contact with Aetna, Dunkin Donuts, Frontier, Comcast, Cox and any other big name, please let me know so I can pass on the information to the GHPA.

I will be there tonight, am working the concession . Hope to see some Boneyarders there.

Sports and Medical Science is located at 280 Huyshope Avenue, Hartford, CT 06106

So come out for some fun and get to see some basketball. Need a Fix this is the place.

Mrs. Dribbles

Dribbles

Mrs. Dribbles
Reaction Score
You never know who is going to show up, but he is schedule to play for the Slam so maybe he will show up.

I don't have a cell phone, so can't text to let you know. Hope you can make the games

Mrs. Dribbles

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
nice family friendly atmosphere, games early in the season are less packed than the playoffs, where it get jam-packed and loud

Reaction Score
GHPA will be beginning tonight at SMSA at 6:30pm, with Springfield Slam playing against not sure and then the next game will be Cambyland and Hot 97.3. GHPA needs support in getting sponsors for this year and especially for next year, 20th anniversary.

I know that Rodney P is on the Slam with possibly Amida and Terry Larrier and I am sure there will be other UCONN players. Also Central Connecticut will have players present.

If anyone has contact with Aetna, Dunkin Donuts, Frontier, Comcast, Cox and any other big name, please let me know so I can pass on the information to the GHPA.

I will be there tonight, am working the concession . Hope to see some Boneyarders there.

Sports and Medical Science is located at 280 Huyshope Avenue, Hartford, CT 06106

So come out for some fun and get to see some basketball. Need a Fix this is the place.

Mrs. Dribbles

Dribbles

Are all of the teams sponsored . If not, what is the cost?
Thanks

Dribbles

Mrs. Dribbles
Reaction Score
Great Article in the Hartford Courant yesterday about GHPA. Amore did a nice job and yes you can contact me privately for information on sponsors. I can give you the name of the person in charge of that. Saturday two games and I am told that UCONN will be there. 5PM and 7PM, but they usually don't start right on time. Sunday games 3PM, 5PM and 7PM, Monday games to be advised, along with Wednesday.

I think it would be a great idea in having a Boneyard Team. Maybe we can chat about that.

See all tomorrow evening, for some fun and maybe see the TOP 5

Mrs. Dribbles

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I wish I was closer as it would be fun. If not cost prohibitive can the Boneyard sponsor a team? We won't need any coaches as we've already got plenty here including strength and conditioning!

That would be hilarious. Could we get anyone to play for us? Probably no one who has ever read the 'Yard.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
That would be hilarious. Could we get anyone to play for us? Probably no one who has ever read the 'Yard.
Okay, let's get our Boneyard coaching staff nominations submitted! How much does it cost to sponsor a team, anyway?

C

Chief00

nice family friendly atmosphere, games early in the season are less packed than the playoffs, where it get jam-packed and loud

I hope to make a game or two this summer. Highly recommend it to those who have not been.

Reaction Score
Vance Jackson looks good. In pregame Jackson was hitting a few shots two steps from half court. If given time with any daylight I expect Jackson to easily turn into a plus 40 % from downtown shooter. Jackson is very comfortable in his shot. Vance was not as featured in this game. Wiggins was ball dominant. Jalen and Vance played against some good players. Three players in particular. Elijah Pemberton was MVP of the East Regional in the Jordan Brand Game and is committed to Hofsta. Mike "Mr. Anderson" Anderson who went to Weaver and was a solid player at U. of Washington in 2014-15. The last guy on the opposing team with game was Zach Lewis from Windsor who will be transferring to UMass next year from Canisius. Lewis scored 31 against Monmouth and was a 3rd Team All-MAAC performer before his transfer.

In the 4th Q with the game close Jackson hit what I would call a very nice contested 3 from the corner. If not mistaken Lewis tried to close out on him but it was to late and the DAGGER was delivered. I thought Jackson's handle in the open court was solid. The other things Dom mentions are also on target. A strong physical frame and a very cool court demeanor.

Jalen scored 43 and did so effortlessly. JA let the game come to him and scored the majority of his points taking it to the rack which included a nice finish with his LEFT hand. As the intensity of the game picked up JA became more assertive.

Reaction Score
Vance Jackson looks good. In pregame Jackson was hitting a few shots two steps from half court. If given time with any daylight I expect Jackson to easily turn into a plus 40 % from downtown shooter. Jackson is very comfortable in his shot. Vance was not as featured in this game. Wiggins was ball dominant. Jalen and Vance played against some good players. Three players in particular. Elijah Pemberton was MVP of the East Regional in the Jordan Brand Game and is committed to Hofsta. Mike "Mr. Anderson" Anderson who went to Weaver and was a solid player at U. of Washington in 2014-15. The last guy on the opposing team with game was Zach Lewis from Windsor who will be transferring to UMass next year from Canisius. Lewis scored 31 against Monmouth and was a 3rd Team All-MAAC performer before his transfer.

In the 4th Q with the game close Jackson hit what I would call a very nice contested 3 from the corner. If not mistaken Lewis tried to close out on him but it was to late and the DAGGER was delivered. I thought Jackson's handle in the open court was solid. The other things Dom mentions are also on target. A strong physical frame and a very cool court demeanor.

Jalen scored 43 and did so effortlessly. JA let the game come to him and scored the majority of his points taking it to the rack which included a nice finish with his LEFT hand. As the intensity of the game picked up JA became more assertive.

Thanks BDH nice summary

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
No prob! Rodney & Co. @ 5 PM. I think.
5pm = 6:30pat (Pro-Am Time)

they sell snacks as well or you can bring your own... stretch your legs out in the lobby or go back out front for some fresh air. I recall seeing Majok in the lobby, tallest person I ever stood next to. Well I was in th Co-Op with Thabeet one time as well lol #giants

Reaction Score

Mrs. Dribbles
Hi - I am the owner of Hartford Flavor Company (we make Wild Moon Liqueurs) and I was wondering if you could message me info on sponsorships.
Thanks!

Reaction Score
When Rodney Purvis showed up for the game today for the SLAMM his coach Dr. Steve Sobel gave him a hug. The one thing about Rodney Purvis is his great character and personality is infectious JMHO. Running in the back court tonight with Rodney was Bobby "The Truth" Moore. Moore is probably 36 years old and can still really REALLY play. Several years ago in a Pro AM game going head to head against Kemba he scored 27 and dished out 15 dimes. As you guys know Moore back in the late 90's at Hillhouse was arguably the top PG in the NATION (and a true Playground Legend) coming out of high school. He was in the Baron Davis class. Academics were a key factor in his inability to play in college. Purvis and Moore just seem to enjoy playing together. Moore has since moved to mentoring kids on the importance of academics. Also on Rodney's team was Ken Horton CCSU all time leading scorer and 2011 AP Honorable Mention All-American.

The game wasn't close and we left half way through the 3rd Q. Purvis it appears is going to play lighter with less bulk this season. He still is in great shape. If Rodney wasn't perfect from the line he was at least 5-6 FT's at the time I left. There wasn't much competition for SLAMM in general tonight. I don't know the final score but it was a blow out early in the 2nd half. Purvis was draining some 3's and playing unselfish. At the time I left RP seemed to be heating up and Rodney and "Bobby The TRUTH Moore" were just having fun.

Kahari Beaufort (East Hartford) was playing in the 7 PM game and last played for Angelina College. Beaufort has several low mid major offers that he hasn't accepted for whatever reason. According to KB via my fathers conversation with him he has visits to Georgia Tech and Georgia next week (hmmmmmmm).

Kris Dunn is expected to play (show up) in the GHPA when he gets back from Vegas. Hopefully its Jalen vs. Dunn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom