Greater Detail/Perspective on the Jas Move | The Boneyard

Greater Detail/Perspective on the Jas Move

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
As a source of UConn news this source keeps getting better:

Jasmine Lister Happy To Be Back With UConn Women’s Basketball

A sample:

"Once the position opened up on the coaching staff, Auriemma had only one name in mind to fill it.

“When Marisa got that opportunity to go to BU, it was a pretty easy decision (to hire Lister),” he said. “That took about 5 seconds, we knew we were going there all along. Fortunately she said yes.”

Best sample: “What, no? Are you kidding me?” says the shocked Lister."

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
See. Geno is getting cuddlier. ;)

Of course, the coach also couldn’t help but get a small jab in at his players to illustrate why whatever position an assistant is assigned to doesn’t really matter this season.

“I look around at our team and I don’t seem a lot of post players. I see a bunch of big guards, so what difference does it make?” he quipped.

Reaction Score
“I look around at our team and I don’t seem a lot of post players. I see a bunch of big guards, so what difference does it make?” he quipped.

This is actually a really good thing. Geno has always said that takes great guards to win.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
This is actually a really good thing. Geno has always said that takes great guards to win.

But good post play is essential as well and clearly that is the tenor of Geno's quip. He most certainly has concerns about this and Batouly, Kyla and ONO need to contribute.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
So Jas’s resume includes coaching/assisting the only class to win 4 straight national championships and coaching the all-time leading NCAA scorer. Who can match that?

On a related note, is Chloe back for a 3rd year as a grad assistant, or is that only a 2-year position?

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
So Jas’s resume includes coaching/assisting the only class to win 4 straight national championships and coaching the all-time leading NCAA scorer. Who can match that?

On a related note, is Chloe back for a 3rd year as a grad assistant, or is that only a 2-year position?

Judging by her Twitter account she's still feeling like a Husky:

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
Just a possible possibility.

“When you spend two years with somebody you get a sense of who they are as people, and she’s incredibly hardworking,” Auriemma said of Lister. “She’s real, real smart. She’s very thorough, and she’s really engaged with all the players and the coaches.”

Was this left unsaid? She is closer to the players in age and may understand them better than someone removed several generations. She can act as a two-way communications conduit. She may be able to better understand the motivations and emotions of today’s players. They may be more likely to confide in her.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
Just a possible possibility.

“When you spend two years with somebody you get a sense of who they are as people, and she’s incredibly hardworking,” Auriemma said of Lister. “She’s real, real smart. She’s very thorough, and she’s really engaged with all the players and the coaches.”

Was this left unsaid? She is closer to the players in age and may understand them better than someone removed several generations. She can act as a two-way communications conduit. She may be able to better understand the motivations and emotions of today’s players. They may be more likely to confide in her.

I think that Jas's closeness in age (to the players/recruits) will be a good thing for the staff as a whole, totally agree. Geno et al may be masters of button-pushing and team psychology in many ways, but in other respects, GA himself has said that over time it gets tougher and tougher for him to understand what makes these kids tick. Having Jas as a bridge to the younger set will likely be pretty valuable.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom