Great week (again) for UConn athletics | The Boneyard

Great week (again) for UConn athletics

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
UConn Women's Soccer just won the American Athletic Conference Tournament championship.

The defending National Champion Field Hockey team is leading Temple 3-0 in the Big East Championship.

UConn Hockey, with 10 scholarship players in their first Hockey East season, beat #3 BC and tied #5 BU and have built excitement in a new sport.

Men's Soccer advanced in the AAC Tourney and host the semis next week.

The defending National Champion men's and women's basketball teams kick off their season next week.

Only one problem....the most important sport on campus can't get it's act together. They are the anchor right now that's for sure.

Reaction Score
And UConn Field Hockey wins the BE Title.

UConn football, a giant boil on a great week! Happens too often.

Reaction Score
And UConn Field Hockey wins the BE Title.

UConn football, a giant boil on a great week! Happens too often.

Stop it with the football is holding us back crap, with an FBS football team we have a chance to get to the P5, without it no chance, stuck with the C7 forever.

Reaction Score
Stop it with the football is holding us back crap, with an FBS football team we have a chance to get to the P6, without it no chance.

Clemson and Florida State seemed to think this football program was holding us back. And they were correct.

Reaction Score
Clemson and Florida State seemed to think this football program was holding us back. And they were correct.

Yup and 6 years ago Baylor was a non entity in the football world now they are a premiere program. Don't ever give up.

Reaction Score
Yup and 6 years ago Baylor was a non entity in the football world not they are a premiere program. Don't ever give up.

Haven't given up.

I'm probably the most pissed about yesterday's loss. I see a lot of indifference and malaise around here. Even the trolling attempts by Nelson, Palantine, and Whaler were half hearted. Where's the passion? We just accept what happened yesterday now?

Losses to Army and the negative perception that goes with it helps negate and even wipe out all the other great work other UConn teams are doing to help our national brand. That's how important football is. And it ticks me off. Why is the football team not doing THEIR part? Just a little signs of momentum? I don't think beating Army is asking much after the previous 2 weeks. Regardless of what happened against Cincinnati and Memphis I think perception heading into the off season would have been fairly positive had we beaten Army and SMU after the ECU/UCF efforts. Not so much now.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
The loss was horrible, no question. But I think the big positive from last night was the fan support. If UCONN can bring 15+K to a dreadful game between two 2-6 teams, imagine what kind of atmosphere it could provide the B1G and/or ACC in a season that it is more competitive. Sports are cyclical. I say that all of the time. There will be a time when UCONN football is better than it has been the past few seasons. And when that season comes, there will be much more than 15-20K UCONN fans in the stands.

Reaction Score
The loss was horrible, no question. But I think the big positive from last night was the fan support. If UCONN can bring 15+K to a dreadful game between two 2-6 teams, imagine what kind of atmosphere it could provide the B1G and/or ACC in a season that it is more competitive. Sports are cyclical. I say that all of the time. There will be a time when UCONN football is better than it has been the past few seasons. And when that season comes, there will be much more than 15-20K UCONN fans in the stands.

I would say that the fans traveled so well, the band was there, the cheerleaders, the mascot, and we STILL came out and gave that effort...makes it even worse in a twisted way. I mean come on. Talk about failing to seize what's in front of you.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
I would say that the fans traveled so well, the band was there, the cheerleaders, the mascot, and we STILL came out and gave that effort...makes it even worse in a twisted way. I mean come on. Talk about failing to seize what's in front of you.

No. The fact that UCONN fans still represented very well DESPITE this sh1tfahq of a season is nothing but positive for UCONN's brand and reputation. The on-field play will get better at some point (I hope!). When it does, 15-20K UCONN fans turns into 25-30K UCONN fans and sold out Yankee Stadiums. That is how you build a brand and reputation worthy of being in a P5 conference.

I agree with everyone else here - last night's loss was horrible. But this season is toast anyway and has been for quite some time really. Demonstrating being a loyal fanbase that will support the team no matter what and one that can still bring a considerable number of fans to New York with them, in the worst of seasons, is nothing but positive. Now we just have to hope that the on-field product will improve soon.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Dude if anyone is trolling it's Diaco.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
What was the actual attendance. Seemed to be the lower bowl, bleachers and middle deck seemed to be decently filled in.

@Dooley any guesses?

Reaction Score
Your avatar is what held us back and put us in this position. Get rid of the energy sucking vampire! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom