Great TV ratings for the 100th Win | The Boneyard

Great TV ratings for the 100th Win

CamrnCrz1974

Good Guy for a Dookie
Reaction Score
The Big Monday matchup ties Tennessee vs. Duke (Jan. 23, 2006) as the fourth-highest regular-season women’s college basketball game across all ESPN networks

SIGH...
Duke Sends Tennessee Packing

Speaking of which, Tennessee guard Alexis Hornbuckle was arrested for shoplifting at Wal-Mart as a senior in high school (it was apparently some kind of senior prank). The 6th Man responded by holding up Wal-Mart bags and chanting "rollback prices" when she was at the foul line. Result: 0-4 from the line.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Looking at the ratings details, it is fascinating that the 3rd highest rated market, after Hartford & Greenville, SC was Knoxville. I am sure that all of those Vol fans were pulling for the Huskies. :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
It was ESPN's fault the earlier game went into 2 OT?
Had to go to the Boneyard to find out it was switched to another channel till the OT game was finished.
Yep. ESPN screwed up the coverage. All they had to do was to say so while putting off UConn until the score was in the 20s.

Reaction Score
BY has better and fast information than ESPN ....

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
So much for Sally Jenkins' allegation that WBB can't draw ratings.

Reaction Score
No, but they should have switched over to the much greater and broader market.
Or at least put a message on the screen indicating the other channel it could be viewed on. I had to learn that on our game thread.

Reaction Score
See what Uconn is doing. More people is watching woman's college basketball so Uconn can't be bad for the sport. And Geno is being liked by people who probably hated him. This Guy is one of the best people I know but never met. It's a joy to hear him talk, watch him coach and win NCs. I sometimes tear at the end of the year because I'll be missing him and Uconn for 8 months

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
SIGH..
Duke Sends Tennessee Packing

Speaking of which, Tennessee guard Alexis Hornbuckle was arrested for shoplifting at Wal-Mart as a senior in high school (it was apparently some kind of senior prank). The 6th Man responded by holding up Wal-Mart bags and chanting "rollback prices" when she was at the foul line. Result: 0-4 from the line.

Ah... the good ol days :oops:

Reaction Score
Yea, and espn screwed up the coverage.
Agree big time! The proverbial world leader of sports simply dropped the ball. They showed nothing but the huddles for full 30 second time outs with nobody miked. Did not even break for advertisements to ones surprise. With split screen technology there is no reason anybody should have missed the entire first quarter of the biggest game of the woman's basketball season to this point.

No spiting match vowel I agree it is not ESPN's fault the game went into 2 OT's. It IS their fault though for being totally unprepared for such a situation. Big Monday with all four teams ranked highly, somebody has to plan for such a scenario. Simply no reason anyone should have been watching time outs while an exciting game was going on.
Someone did make the move to delay the start of the UConn game by 15 minutes but what did they do after that decision? Go to bed? Just my opinion but for ESPN this was a Heidi game...

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
You whiners all sound like rookies. Early games have been going into overtime for years. When it does you look for the crawl at the bottom of the screen. It tells you the story. It told you the story last night. And if the game is on ESPN1 or 2, you check ESPN News. That's the default overflow channel.

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
The .9 rating for our Huskies means that roughly 1,175,000 homes tuned to the game. When multiplied by the number of viewers per household, the aggregate audience number grows even larger. Very solid performance by WCBB. And for all the flak ESPN is getting from some on the BY, the network did a great job of promoting the telecast and pumping up their numbers as a result.

Fishbone

Chief Lurker
Reaction Score
No, but they should have switched over to the much greater and broader market.
Or at least put a message on the screen indicating the other channel it could be viewed on. I had to learn that on our game thread.
They did announce that the Uconn game started on ESPNNews. I switched immediately.

Reaction Score
Wow...I didn't realize the live telecast was screwed up. For once, watching the ESPN3 replay was better. It was complete and uninterrupted...even skipped the halftime shows. But I must admit it was a little late...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom