Great Thread on the Kentucky Board | The Boneyard

Great Thread on the Kentucky Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Linky no worky

Edit: Weird, I tried to link it, too, and it won't work.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
The most common sports forums have an unpleasant history with the caretakers of this board who in turn block links back to their sites.

The site referenced above begins with an R, it's also not that entertaining a thread IMHO.

Reaction Score
Is the link to a Rivals.com site? All links to Rivals.com sites have been blocked on here. I'm sure Tom wouldn't mind telling you why that is.

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
Because temery has a hard-on for sites that kicked us off, or treated us badly. You need to reconstruct the URL manually.

Reaction Score
Got to hand it to their Mods, they've been snipers for the past 2 days killing troll threads, very impressed, spent a lot of time on that board Saturday night

Reaction Score
Got to hand it to their Mods, they've been snipers for the past 2 days killing troll threads, very impressed, spent a lot of time on that board Saturday night

to sneak in there sniper-style, you really need to back into the parking space while appearing to drive by it.

Reaction Score
Get over it. Litigators have to eat too.

lol..............oh, that should be a popular position with the rest of the world the world that seeks to avoid costly conflicts...........

Reaction Score
Get over it. Litigators have to eat too.

Would this be an appropriate time for "post/handle"? Or is it too obvious in this case?

Edit: S***, missed August_West's post above. I guess that answers the question.

Reaction Score
They are reacting as Seattle Seahawks fans were. Nice to see some of them remember us.

Reaction Score
Looked around a bit and saw a lot of complaints about the blown shot clock, which I get; but, not once post how the refs completely blew Trey Lyles's face slap. That should cost Kentucky their 4 point lead at that point along with giving the ball back to the Badgers as it was at least a Flagrant 1 if not 2 (ejection).

Also, could not find any comments on the fact that 3 of their stars walked-of the court like a bunch of spoiled kids instead of manning-up and shaking hands, win or lose, like real athletes do.

Reaction Score
Eskapeesto said:
While we're at it, here are Dookies expressing their anguish about '99: http://forums.dukebasketballreport....?12686-Most-Painful-Loss-and-Most-Amazing-Win

This cracked me up:

For losses, NCAA games where beloved seniors go out on a low note are the worst for me. 2004 is right up there since Duhon did everything he could to carry that team (his buzzer-beater should be remembered as one of the all-time great shots but for Okafor's striped-shirt guardian angels). 1994 was also tough, but the awareness that we had totally overachived softened the blow a lot.

(Because a guy given a wide open shot by a team with a four-point lead is the same as what would have happened if the lead was 2 or 3)

Reaction Score
Boy, Duke fans really don't like that '99 loss to UConn in the title game. Lots of folks blaming the refs. Ironic coming from Duke fans. They seem to forget that Duke and UConn were basically 1 & 2 all season long, so the 'upset' was more media hype than anything.

Also, they drool over themselves with Laettner last second shot over Kentucky in 1992 yet no mention is made of his OT shot to beat UConn in 1990

http://www.nytimes.com/1990/03/25/s...l-uconn-eliminated-at-buzzer-in-overtime.html

Still, its better than Kentucky fans who all bemoan their loss to Texas Western (now UTEP) in the 1966 title game. A game whose importance went beyond the final score. Plus, while Adolph Rupp was a very good coach, his Kentucky program was not the cleanest (their point shaving scandal in '51 basically created the NCAA 'death' penalty' and yet he somehow kept his job). Race was also a major issue as Kentucky with the question being was this from Rupp himself or just a reflection of Kentucky overall at the time or both He only recruited 1 black player onto his program over 30 or so years as the head coach. Not shaking hands with Texas Western after the loss in '66 and calling them 'coons' did not help his image (note the parallels to Kentucky's loss to Wisconsin).

http://espn.go.com/classic/biography/s/Rupp_Adolph.html

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/1997-11-30/sports/9712020327_1_adolph-rupp-kentucky-tricky/2

Reaction Score
Looking at these other threads makes me think about a cherry on top for all 4 of our NT's... Twice we c*ckblocked Duke and twice Kentucky. Not only is it awesome that we have the titles, but each of those programs could be even more annoying if not for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom