Great regular season. We’ll be ready for the ncaa | The Boneyard

Great regular season. We’ll be ready for the ncaa

Reaction Score
First off great great job by Hurley.
I live and die like everyone else each game but losing Cole with 4:30 left sullied the out cone win or lose. Great game however by both sides.
Bough light was no way. No way anywhere near himself. I don’t care what hydration he has yesterday / today his body went through disaster in a short period of time

what a stud sonaga is. We’re better than they are with him playing. We’re better than many teams with him in there—- we’re going to be ok into the ncaa.

I remember we lost to Louisville 3x much worse than this— we had 2/3 games— we got smoked by Louisville

on to the tourney. Looking to survive abs advance
We’ll be fresh

Reaction Score
First off great great job by Hurley.
I live and die like everyone else each game but losing Cole with 4:30 left sullied the out cone win or lose. Great game however by both sides.
Bough light was no way. No way anywhere near himself. I don’t care what hydration he has yesterday / today his body went through disaster in a short period of time

what a stud sonaga is. We’re better than they are with him playing. We’re better than many teams with him in there—- we’re going to be ok into the ncaa.

I remember we lost to Louisville 3x much worse than this— we had 2/3 games— we got smoked by Louisville

on to the tourney. Looking to survive abs advance
We’ll be fresh
Well said scrap. The way this season has gone I don’t much care where we are seeded at this point any way.

Reaction Score
Hurley & co. Big thank you to giving us life again. Also, front line workers u are awesome! and hey, NCAA, your ok too ;) Thanks for giving us a season under the circumstances.

Let’s fire up! Give us the smoke on Sunday, we want the smoke!

Kill or be killed!

it’s time to wake the sleeping giant!!!

Reaction Score
Agreed- its time to give the coaches some credit. We jumped up a notch in competition by moving to Big East this year. We have a better record to show for it. Its the first time in years we have had a great set of Bigs. Sanogo and Whaley are so much better than what we have had to work with over last 6-7 years. We've been flirting with top 25 for a good chunk of the season and that's about as much as could ever be expected at this point in a program rebuild. That being said its time to see if Hurley can push us over the hump and win a game or two that maybe we "shouldn't" on paper. That's what makes a great coach and will keep this momentum going.

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
If you told me in preseason that we would finish 3rd in the Big East and Bouk would be out injured for a month, covid delays, and make it to the BET semis losing by 3 to Creighton, ..... i would have said well that would be a very good regular season for us.

Onto the tournament !

Reaction Score
Yesterday was too bad but I am 1000% still pumped for the NCAAT. Clearly Bouknight was not at 100% yesterday and Cole’s injury was a killer. If both are back, this is still a team that has the potential to make a deep run.

Reaction Score
If you told me in preseason that we would finish 3rd in the Big East and Bouk would be out injured for a month, covid delays, and make it to the BET semis losing by 3 to Creighton, ..... i would have said well that would be a very good regular season for us.

Onto the tournament !
We have a ton of what if’s? What if Bouk never got hurt? What if fans were allowed to attend games, especially last night vs Creighton? What if we didn’t have so many Covid interruptions? And finally what If Covid didn’t exist at all? How would this season have turned out? But the reality is every team in college basketball faced the same things this season, and every team could be asking the same questions right now. Bottom line, we are playing in our first NCAA Tournament in 5 years and we have a talented team. Let’s go get it.

Reaction Score
Definitely a disappointing game to lose but there are SO many positive takeaways from this season. Just a huge step to be able to compete at the top of the big east this year. Obviously everyone would have wanted the outcome to be different, but it’s only up from here! So proud of our players and coaches. They know what they have to do for the rest of March. Love this team.

Reaction Score
The team knows they had Creighton beat twice, just not reflected in box score ...terrible luck both times. Should feel confident though that they can play with most anyone in the country.

Let's get to Indy at full strength and see what happens. It's a long wait until November so time to appreciate what they accomplished so far and enjoy!

Reaction Score
We're on schedule. NCAA tournament in year 3 after that mess is quite the accomplishment. Of course we want to win all of our games and win the conference/conference tournament, but even in a normal season, 3rd place in the big east our first year back is nothing to scoff at.

I hate looking ahead, but we might be a little worse next year. Next season is really going to set the stage for the following year, which is when we should really be back to form. That's the season we should be expecting an elite eight/final four run and a regular season championship.

Reaction Score
Thank you. Too many fans trying to make this team into 2011/14 or make Bouknight into Kemba/Bazz. If your disappointed when the team comes short of a magical run- thats on you. Appreciate where the program is at, hope for the best and root your brains out. Looking forward to enjoying the rest of the season!

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
The Covid crap made this season impossible to gain much cohesiveness or momentum, that's the biggest shame.
All the other stuff is basketball/sports - injuries, tough calls, etc
I totally agree that one of the big issues has been that so many have the perception that Bouk is in the same mold as many of the proven UConn greats. It goes beyond talent, which he has that box checked for sure, but that is only one box. He still has many others awaiting him and still might reach them but time is short.
It has been an enjoyable year in many ways as was the final half of last season
The magic of UConn mens basketball is again upon UConn nation

Reaction Score
Yesterday was too bad but I am 1000% still pumped for the NCAAT. Clearly Bouknight was not at 100% yesterday and Cole’s injury was a killer. If both are back, this is still a team that has the potential to make a deep run.
Screw the deep run crap, we're gonna win the whole thing.

Reaction Score
Will we be ready for the NCAA's?

It's a legit question after the BET.

We let cramping cost us a championship. Hope if we lose next week it's because someone beat us. Not because our best players weren't available or limited when it counted.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
this team has very little big-game experience, particularly in do-or-die tournament-style situations. whatever happens next week (and next offseason) our subsequent teams will be coming in as ncaa veterans, and that will count for a lot.

Reaction Score
All Im looking for in the NCAAs is a healthy run at it. I think we have that. I do not think Bouknight will be carried off the night before nor will we lose Cole with a head bash in the last 5 minutes.

Healthy we have a very very good shot going game by game.. But only focus is on game 1 nothing else

With Bouk?Cole at 100% and Sonaga giving us an avg of 25- 27 minutes--were gonna be a rough rough out

I feel good about our role players--were there

Reaction Score
Need to play the DEFENSE that our NATY CHAMP did and we'll be OK

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104