OT - Great Read | The Boneyard

OT - Great Read

Reaction Score
Thank you for the link. I never much cared for Carton and his shock jock style of sports radio. I am surprised that he was paid 2.5 million a year. Is that correct?

Reaction Score
always thought he was super annoying. Thought it was really good in the beginning and then kinda went downhill after the other personalities on the show left.

Reaction Score
Not sure how Boomer put up with this loudmouth for years.

Reaction Score
I never liked Carton. I know people that know him. They didn't like him.

That being said, there are other interesting parts of this story. What kind of a hedge fund invests in these gray areas (ticket scalping) and doesn't have savvy, street-smart people doing due diligence and oversight? Carton used bush league tactics to trick these guys. It was also a good look at the event industry. Artists complain that their fans can't get good seats and that they don't get a piece of the secondary market. When I read about the Carton stuff, I thought the venues were going to get in trouble, but it's apparently the norm. The venues and TicketMaster pull the best tickets. You can't get good seats for your favorite band because they were never available to you without paying a huge premium. Carton got tons of tickets, he was just too stupid to under promise.

Reaction Score
I never liked Carton. I know people that know him. They didn't like him.

That being said, there are other interesting parts of this story. What kind of a hedge fund invests in these gray areas (ticket scalping) and doesn't have savvy, street-smart people doing due diligence and oversight? Carton used bush league tactics to trick these guys. It was also a good look at the event industry. Artists complain that their fans can't get good seats and that they don't get a piece of the secondary market. When I read about the Carton stuff, I thought the venues were going to get in trouble, but it's apparently the norm. The venues and TicketMaster pull the best tickets. You can't get good seats for your favorite band because they were never available to you without paying a huge premium. Carton got tons of tickets, he was just too stupid to under promise.

wasnt the fyre festival guy doing the same thing in a new scam?

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
Also not a fan but, man, that Suzyn Waldmyn imitation got me every time!!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom