Great read about Uconn and conference realignment | The Boneyard

Great read about Uconn and conference realignment

Status
Not open for further replies.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
The guys that run the UConn blog since the main guy porter left are pretty clueless.

The lawsuit is just background noise and will have no effect on anything going forward.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
ConnHuskBask said:
Well, technically were in the AAC. Also, no offense to JC but he's on the same level in the know of the Big ten or ACC plans as us fans.
In defense of JC, his comments were before the ACC GOR. That was a game changer and the lawsuit really doesn't matter much unless the court rules that conferences can't limit schools freedom of movement and withhold revenue by any means (but that's not going to happen).

Reaction Score
The BC AD Bates blocked UConn last year, so there goes that theory.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
In defense of JC, his comments were before the ACC GOR. That was a game changer and the lawsuit really doesn't matter much unless the court rules that conferences can't limit schools freedom of movement and withhold revenue by any means (but that's not going to happen).

While I agree, I'm still optimistic that it was at least at one time considered an important indicator of future movement. It may be a pipe dream that the GOR's have back doors, but if they do...

Reaction Score
Well, technically were in the AAC.

Also, no offense to JC but he's on the same level in the know of the Big ten or ACC plans as us fans.

You think you have the same level of connection into conference and the NCAA as Jim Calhoun? I'm not suggesting he and Delaney are texting buddies but cmon man.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
You think you have the same level of connection into conference and the NCAA as Jim Calhoun? I'm not suggesting he and Delaney are texting buddies but cmon man.

If you're asking as of today who has a better idea of future conference realignment, me or JC - my answer is err equal - we both have no clue what any P5 league plans on doing.

The only people that know are the commissioners and some well connected presidents in the leagues with power.

An ex basketball coach? not so much n

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
If you're asking as of today who has a better idea of future conference realignment, me or JC - my answer is err equal - we both have no clue what any P5 league plans on doing.

The only people that know are the commissioners and some well connected presidents in the leagues with power.

An ex basketball coach? not so much n

You forgot about the all-knowing WV Twitter handles. If a rumor doesn't come from West Virginia, it's completely bogus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom