OT: Great New DirecTV Feature for Sports Fans - DoublePlay | The Boneyard

OT: Great New DirecTV Feature for Sports Fans - DoublePlay

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I posted this on the other DirecTV board, but some may have by-passed that particular question. I just discovered a new feature that will change my Football Sundays and a lot of other watching as well. In case you hadn't discovered it:

They just introduced a feature (DoublePlay-Watch) where you can be "watching" two channels at the same time. It is activated by the "Arrow Down" key (V) below Select . You enter the DoublePlay and then you can toggle between the two channels, where you can pause, rewind, or fast forward each.

So, for example, come next Sunday, you can go back and forth between NFL games on Fox & CBS, or SundayTicket by just clicking the V key.

What's the difference between Previous Channel button? If you switch normally to another channel or via "PREV", you are starting fresh with that new channel live, no rewind, fast forward, etc. Same when you go back to the other one. With DoublePlay, you can pause the Giants game, hit the V button go to the Colts game and watch awhile, maybe pause it. Hit the V again, and you go back to the Giants game exactly where you left off, having the option to rewind & fast forward it. Ditto for when you go back to the Colts game. It comes out of "Pause" mode when you go back, but at the point you had paused it.

So, the Giants game goes to Time Out, a commercial comes on, you pause it, go watch the other game, come back to the Giants, fast forward through the commercial to game action. You could literally watch two complete games, every play, without recording either.

You should have received a message on this in your Messages in the last couple of days.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
I posted this on the other DirecTV board, but some may have by-passed that particular question. I just discovered a new feature that will change my Football Sundays and a lot of other watching as well. In case you hadn't discovered it:

They just introduced a feature (DoublePlay-Watch) where you can be "watching" two channels at the same time. It is activated by the "Arrow Down" key (V) below Select . You enter the DoublePlay and then you can toggle between the two channels, where you can pause, rewind, or fast forward each.

This isn't a new feature. The old TIVO directv receivers could do it and when I upgraded to HD and got the DirecTV DVR about 4.5 years ago, it wasn't available. 2 days after I got the receivers and was about to complain and look for another provider who could do double play, they enabled it. So it's been around for a little over 4 years and we use it constantly. I hardly ever watch a commercial anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34
Top Bottom