Great KK Arnold Story | The Boneyard

Great KK Arnold Story

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
“We came on a good day, it was a day before gameday, and everybody’s on campus was welcoming the new students. Everybody was so welcoming, everybody thought I was a player on the team already,” KK said of her official visit to UConn in November. “I fell in love with the facility and everybody and just the mindset that you’re going to be great at that program and that he (Auriemma) is going to push you as a coach.”

KK’s love for basketball eventually became her own. While (older sister) Mimi was a fan of Pat Summit and Tennessee, KK became obsessed with Auriemma and the Huskies. She watched Maya Moore highlights and set her own alarm extra early to make sure she had time to wake up her dad to drive her to early morning workouts.

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score
I hope she corrects all of her "official visit" statements to "unofficial visit."

I know there are folks out there just itching to find UConn recruiting violations...

Sifaka

O sol nascerá amanhã.
Reaction Score
“We always tell kids, ‘Run as fast as you can, get to an open spot and the ball will be there,’ ” Stuve (Her high school coach) said. “I think for her there’s just an innate gift there of she can see things … just the anticipation and understanding what the defense is doing, certainly a lot of it is just playing basketball all the time but I think with her there’s just this sixth-sense about seeing what the defense is doing and understanding where the open spot is going to be.”

Last season as a sophomore, KK led the Warhawks to their first state championship. She averaged 22.9 points, 6.3 rebounds, 5.1 assists and 3.8 steals. She was named the Gatorade Wisconsin Girls Basketball Player of the Year, MaxPreps Wisconsin Girls Basketball Player of the Year and AP’s Wisconsin State Player of the Year.

During the following summer, she led Team USA to a gold medal victory at the 2021 FIBA Americas U16 Championship.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
“We came on a good day, it was a day before gameday, and everybody’s on campus was welcoming the new students. Everybody was so welcoming, everybody thought I was a player on the team already,” KK Arnold said of her official visit to UConn in November. “I fell in love with the facility and everybody and just the mindset that you’re going to be great at that program and that he (Auriemma) is going to push you as a coach.”

KK Arnold’s love for basketball eventually became her own. While (older sister) Mimi was a fan of Pat Summit and Tennessee, KK Arnold became obsessed with Auriemma and the Huskies. She watched Maya Moore highlights and set her own alarm extra early to make sure she had time to wake up her dad to drive her to early morning workouts.

Everyone should watch Maya Moore's highlights!

Reaction Score
Awww. KK Arnold had me at "set her own alarm extra early to make sure she had time to wake up her dad to drive her to early morning workouts." She is going to be fun to watch at UConn. Can not wait!!
And Shade is at least as much fun to watch. Her championship game was on TV. 31 points, for a 5'10" player in the post ( a natural guard playing out of position ). She is faster, stronger and more athletic than the other kids. Deadly shooter. She has it all.

Reaction Score
And Shade is at least as much fun to watch. Her championship game was on TV. 31 points, for a 5'10" player in the post ( a natural guard playing out of position ). She is faster, stronger and more athletic than the other kids. Deadly shooter. She has it all.
The KK I watched on the tape is a pure point guard who distributes the ball on breaks and in the half court offense. She can shoot the 3 ball and also take it to the hoop. She has the whole game of a guard. Shade got most of her poionts on turn around jumpers in the paint. That may not be availibe for her at the next level. I would like to see her shoot some 3 point shots and penatrate and then kick the ball to others next season. I am not saying she can't but I havn;t seen it. Have any of you boneyarders seen more of Shades games to comment on this?

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Shade got most of her poionts on turn around jumpers in the paint. That may not be availibe for her at the next level. I would like to see her shoot some 3 point shots and penatrate and then kick the ball to others next season. I am not saying she can't but I havn;t seen it. Have any of you boneyarders seen more of Shades games to comment on this?

Shade has a tremendous midrange game and is 36% career on threes. I think she will be able to post up guards in college. She's a great FT shooter and physical enough to get there more than recent UConn guards.

Reaction Score
The KK Arnold I watched on the tape is a pure point guard who distributes the ball on breaks and in the half court offense. She can shoot the 3 ball and also take it to the hoop. She has the whole game of a guard. Shade got most of her poionts on turn around jumpers in the paint. That may not be availibe for her at the next level. I would like to see her shoot some 3 point shots and penatrate and then kick the ball to others next season. I am not saying she can't but I havn;t seen it. Have any of you boneyarders seen more of Shades games to comment on this?
I think we can assume that Shade will not be in the paint at all once she arrives in Storrs. She can make any shots you need. But, like AZZI, she misses a few now and then.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom