Great Grantland article on Maya and Brittney | The Boneyard

Great Grantland article on Maya and Brittney

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The problem with Brittany is she comes across as tough and somewhat unlikable. I've heard people who know her say she is nice. With her deep voice and great size she may end up playing the giant bad guy role like Wilt did to the very well spoken gentle graceful Bill Russell. That personality is harder to market.

sarals24

Lone Starlet
Reaction Score
She is harder to market, because at least with Maya girls can dream of growing up to play like she does. Not many girls can dream to grow up to be 6"8. She is also seems to have a quieter personality than Maya, and has less international experience. That is a huge part of marketability these days.

Reaction Score
She is harder to market, because at least with Maya girls can dream of growing up to play like she does. Not many girls can dream to grow up to be 6"8. She is also seems to have a quieter personality than Maya, and has less international experience. That is a huge part of marketability these days.

She should look at the marketing done with Yao Ming...I thought it was very good and nothing Brittany couldn't emulate...

sarals24

Lone Starlet
Reaction Score
True. I think if she gets a good agent she could market herself well here and abroad. Maya has that open personality that leads to more opportunities naturally. I know Griner played with the national team last summer, but Maya has had so much more exposure there, even before she went pro. Plus, there was that whole "streak" thing :). Too bad Baylor won't get that recognition this year. (OK, I'm not super sad about that). Also, the tandem of Kemba Walker and Maya Moore in the Final Four got both of them lots of recognition.

Reaction Score
Maya plays the drum, sings the National anthem, is an A student. She also played Bball with Obama and could possible have gone to England with a scholarship. She has been a winner all her life and is extremely articulate. She is a promoter's dream. Griner will be OK once she opens up more but Maya is the female version of Michael Jordan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom