Great game for TO | The Boneyard

Great game for TO

Status
Not open for further replies.

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
Lost in the well deserved accolades for SN & JLamb, TO earned another double-double with 11 and 10 in less than one half of play...great job and keep it up!

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
Also despite many folks saying we need more production from the bigs, the 4 players in the 4 & 5 slots are together averaging 27.8 points and 25.1 rebounds...not too shabby but also there is room for improvement

Reaction Score
Tyler is a wonderful surprise this season. He has truly matured. Tyler, Roscoe and Alex give this team and fearsome defense to the goal, and should provide point production and rebounds. I'm sure we'll see Roscoe return to his dependable self of last season. As this team matures and progresses I think it can be truly great. Barring injuries and other unpredictable events, it should be a great five months. And Drummond will be a part of it - be assured.

Reaction Score
TO has had a great start to the season, averaging 9 points and nearly 9 rebounds per game. He brings great energy and always plays within his abilities. He has anchored a front line that is still a bit unsettled. Great to see TO step up and be this much of a contributor so early in his UConn career.

Reaction Score
Tyler's progress is tremendous and it lets Drummond progress without a lot of pressure. By his senior year, he's going to be a real force, but he's already more than adequate.

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
This Calhoun post-game quote speaks volumes about TO and how he's been performing:

On Olander:
"Tyler can be better, but if he keeps throwing those double doubles up, it's going to be difficult for me...."

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
It's awesome that Tyler is playing this well.

The fact that he is our best big man right now isn't so awesome.

But if he can play this good as our 3rd best big men, we are going to be ridiculously awesome.

/awesomed

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
Lost in the well deserved accolades for SN & JLamb, TO earned another double-double with 11 and 10 in less than one half of play...great job and keep it up!
J Lamb, TO. Shabazz and Roscoe all had great games. I actually was more impressed with Roscoe. I rewatched the game today and realized he spent a great deal of time guarding the Coppin PG (who ws pretty good)

Bill Sussman

My Name isn't really Bill
Reaction Score
There can only be one Olander!

Our inside game definitely needs to improve overall but you have to give the kid credit where credit is due. After watching him in a Pro Am game this summer, reading about his progress, and now seeing the results.....

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
He's had a Hilton Armstrong-esque improvement in a much shorter period of time

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
He looks very good...still not sure if he's going to be strong enough to mix it up inside against better teams. I see him as a 3 right now, until he proves he can muscle up in the Big East.

Reaction Score
excited that were gonna have this kid for 4 years its good to have someone to push AD and AO. Im not worried about AO or AD these early games are good for TO to give him some confidence as we move forward. This kid has been a Uconn Husky his whole life and hes taking full advantage of it good for him.

Reaction Score
excited that were gonna have this kid for 4 years its good to have someone to push AD and AO. Im not worried about AO or AD these early games are good for TO to give him some confidence as we move forward. This kid has been a Uconn Husky his whole life and hes taking full advantage of it good for him.

that's the best part. he'll be at uconn for 4 years and only get better. his shooting is a huge asset and i can see him having a major role in the offense next year, something i never thought i'd say. i was critical of him last year because he was very reluctant to mix it up with the big boys and go get a rebound. the first 4 games were a far cry from big east competition so i'm excited to see what he can do in the bahamas.

Reaction Score
he is our best big right now... on a team with potentially 2 lottery big men.... that's saying something and JC realizes how crazy that is as well.... it's a nice problem to have to know you're going to get a solid 8/8 every night when AO goes up and down and drummond experiences his freshman lumps...

who knows- maybe in 2 more years, we'll be talking about him as a lottery pick.... he certainly has shown the desire and hard work to make himself immensely better.... if he refines his game and continues to work, he will be even more beastly as a junior and senior....

Reaction Score
He looks very good...still not sure if he's going to be strong enough to mix it up inside against better teams. I see him as a 3 right now, until he proves he can muscle up in the Big East.
oh he's def a 4 all the way and he'll be more than adequate against BEast teams.... he will be very solid all year long

Reaction Score

Tyler is 6'9" and 240lbs, to say that he's a 3 is absurd.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score

He was manhandled in the Big East all last year, so I don't think it's crazy to say I'd like to see him man up a legitimate power forward before calling him one. His game plays more like a small forward, anyway. Either way, he's looked very good so far.

Reaction Score
He was manhandled in the Big East all last year, so I don't think it's crazy to say I'd like to see him man up a legitimate power forward before calling him one. His game plays more like a small forward, anyway. Either way, he's looked very good so far.

What 3's will Tyler be able to defend on the perimeter? And most college 3s are 6'4"-6"5" guys, Tyler would be embarrased trying to defend basically NBA sized SG's out on the wing.

Reaction Score

Tyler is not a 4, but it has nothing to do with his height or weight. If you are 6'9 240 and have the quickness to play the 3, its not absurd to play the 3.

Reaction Score
I wouldn't pick him in the lottery, but he has been placed there in mock drafts since his Freshman year...

The mock drafts I've seen have him as a late a first round pick or a second rounder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom