Great Day of Women's Basketball- Some Big Questions to be Answered | The Boneyard

Great Day of Women's Basketball- Some Big Questions to be Answered

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
There are some titanic battles looming today in the first day of conference play.

Is Tennessee going to rebound from underperformance? A weak, but ranked,#17 Kentucky shows up to play them. Which will come out under? One of them will be ranked at the end of the day, and one won't.

Washington/Oregon State: Who's the class of the West Coast? Other than Stanford?

We might find out just how "real" Mississippi State is today when they tangle with LSU. Yes, LSU got whacked by UConn, but so does everybody. They're 11-2, and ranked highly in RPI.

Wonder if K-State is a fine team that just loses to the best, or whether #12 West Virginia will take them down? Will find out who's for real in this game.

And for UConn, one of what is supposed to be its easiest games of the season against Central Florida. But even that team is 10-3. That's what passes for a breeze in Connecticut's schedule? Good grief!!

We have to wait until tomorrow to find out whether NC State is for real: that's when they take on Florida State.

And Louisville/Duke will tell us which of them deserves a top ranking. That's tomorrow as well.

This is where the rubber hits the road in WCBB!!! Great viewing!!

Reaction Score
And the Patriots are on at the same time UConn. How can they do this to me?!

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
And the Patriots are on at the same time UConn. How can they do this to me?!
Definitely what they make DVRs for, and streaming live video on the computer. I have two computer screens and one TV with DVR so hopefully I have this covered!

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
We'll be able to watch the 4th quarter and some of the 3rd quarter of the Patriots game. Dallas and Philly might a good game as well.

This is an important game for the Lady Vols if they want to host any tournament games. I don't think the SEC is that strong, so if the Lady Vols can almost run the table except for losing to So Carolina they might end up in the Top 16. But it starts today, they have to beat Kentucky.

Oldbones

Hates Surprises
Reaction Score
I am offering what is probably a minority opinion on opponents' games. I root for the top WBB teams whenever they are not playing UCONN, while not paying that much attention. I like it when the other good teams win during the regular season and in their league championships. When Notre Dame, Maryland and Baylor win, they preserve their top ranking, making it less likely that UCONN sees them again before the FF. I am still smarting over the 1997 season, when a ten-loss Tennessee team beat an unbeaten UCONN team after I (and no doubt many others) noted, gleefully, Tennessee's many regular season misadventures. I also believe that the top #1 seed is important, because it most likely gives UCONN the #8 seed in the Elite 8 in a season where there are probably only six teams with a real shot at the NC (all of whom have hopefully preserved their seeding).

As soon as the NCAA tournament starts, I root for those same top teams to fall by the wayside as early as possible. As General Kuhster says in "The Great Race:" "In my profession, to win is an imperative. To win easily is a blessing."

I thoroughly enjoyed the 80-51 and 82-51 victories in last year's Final four. Who needs suspense?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom