GREAT!! article on Women's BB in today's NY Times | The Boneyard

GREAT!! article on Women's BB in today's NY Times

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
I am not sure what makes this article unique. The NY times is by far the best mainstream paper covering WBB in our area so I am not surprised by detailed coverage. I also am confused what the big deal is regarding trying to compare women players to men players and how that can be offensive. If you are trying to grow the sport, by definition you will have people in the audience who will not know female comparisons. Trying to find both male comparisons and female comparisons is the best way until the women's game is as popular as the men's game. This is what sparks conversation. Then it is up to the players (Plum and Stewart etc) to use the platform provided to provide some female comparisons and details. Kelsey had it good since she happened to say the best comparison is a mix of Becky Hammon, Diana Taurasi and Sue Bird which I agree with btw.

Reaction Score
I think basketball is basketball. Personally, I'd rather watch WCBB and the WNBA for a number of reasons (cost of tickets and seating at games for a couple).

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom