Great article in Forbes on AJ | The Boneyard

Great article in Forbes on AJ

StllH8L8ner

You’ll get nothing and like it!
Reaction Score
Watched some of his game yesterday afternoon. Still hesitant to shoot when open but overall he looked like he belonged.

Reaction Score
Great article, thanks! Amazing that Andre, key guy on national championship team is classified as "hidden" (?!). I don't think I'll ever get over the Celtics taking Jordan Walsh over him, in the NCAA UConn and Andre played Walsh off the floor.

From limited time I've watched Andre seems more aggressive going to the rim and finishing with force - that is the offensive skill that he's best at, suited for, yet needs improvement in both skill & mentality.

The shooting thing is going to take a lot more time, he isn't a good shooter yet so he's hesitant for good reason. Yes he has to shoot some & try to let it fly when wide open, but there are still plenty of guys in NBA who rarely shoot beyond 15' and move the ball. UConn's season changed when Andre & offense mixed in other things vs taking multiple wide-open deep shots.

Reaction Score
Great article, thanks! Amazing that Andre, key guy on national championship team is classified as "hidden" (?!). I don't think I'll ever get over the Celtics taking Jordan Walsh over him, in the NCAA UConn and Andre played Walsh off the floor.

From limited time I've watched Andre seems more aggressive going to the rim and finishing with force - that is the offensive skill that he's best at, suited for, yet needs improvement in both skill & mentality.

The shooting thing is going to take a lot more time, he isn't a good shooter yet so he's hesitant for good reason. Yes he has to shoot some & try to let it fly when wide open, but there are still plenty of guys in NBA who rarely shoot beyond 15' and move the ball. UConn's season changed when Andre & offense mixed in other things vs taking multiple wide-open deep shots.
Correct. When AJax does dribble hand offs to great shooters behind the 3 pt line or sets off ball screens for those shooters to get a clean look and shot it essentially creates a 2 on 1 situation since his defender is standing in the paint away from all that action.

Reaction Score
Bucks have the skill development resources and time to devote to working on AJ's shot.. IMO.. They have already seen the other elements of his game to convince them its worth that investment.. Andre will put in the time and they will.. A functional/effective shot that will keep the defense honest would be great..

Have seen articles suggesting they're really excited about him as an excellent cutter to the hoop(spacer) and initiator of the break off of the defensive boards. Will be exciting once the entire squad is together and Giannis is the recipient of some of those passes from Andre.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Bucks have the skill development resources and time to devote to working on AJ's shot.. IMO.. They have already seen the other elements of his game to convince them its worth that investment.. Andre will put in the time and they will.. A functional/effective shot that will keep the defense honest would be great..

Have seen articles suggesting they're really excited about him as an excellent cutter to the hoop(spacer) and initiator of the break off of the defensive boards. Will be exciting once the entire squad is together and Giannis is the recipient of some of those passes from Andre.
From what I see from AJ on his shot is that he lowers his head as he shoots. As the arms come up, his head goes down. Your head has to be up and looking at the rim.

Reaction Score
From what I see from AJ on his shot is that he lowers his head as he shoots. As the arms come up, his head goes down. Your head has to be up and looking at the rim.
I see what you see and other flaws.. Am not a coach or shooting guru.. Seems like he telegraphs his shot from a starting point around his waist which gives defenders too much time to recover and affect his shot.. So much of his deficiency is mental by now..Gotta see the ball go through the nets .. I have always been confused about why such an athletic player could not develop his slashing skills to the hoop for dunks and layups.. One or two dribbles and he elevates with authority for the finish--and/or simply cutting to the hoop looking for a pass. Think his shot making package will improve with the resources he now has available to him..

Reaction Score
I see what you see and other flaws.. Am not a coach or shooting guru.. Seems like he telegraphs his shot from a starting point around his waist which gives defenders too much time to recover and affect his shot.. So much of his deficiency is mental by now..Gotta see the ball go through the nets .. I have always been confused about why such an athletic player could not develop his slashing skills to the hoop for dunks and layups.. One or two dribbles and he elevates with authority for the finish--and/or simply cutting to the hoop looking for a pass. Think his shot making package will improve with the resources he now has available to him..
I know , he never had a go-to move to get to hoop. Imagine how many more dunks we would have seen from him.
I think his unselfishness -always looking to pass slowed his offensive development but I see it happening in NBA with his desire and work ethic.

Reaction Score
Correct. When AJax does dribble hand offs to great shooters behind the 3 pt line or sets off ball screens for those shooters to get a clean look and shot it essentially creates a 2 on 1 situation since his defender is standing in the paint away from all that action.
He has to learn to be a scoring option off that though.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom