Grayson Allen Trips People...Again... | The Boneyard

Grayson Allen Trips People...Again...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
Scum. Plain and simple. Yet, has anything being done? Warning from the ref's? Now he is solidly known for that. Of course he needs to since Duke has a tough road to the finals. <rme>

Reaction Score
I just caught up with this story, missed it over the weekend. This is completely egregious, and yes these trips were slightly more subtle than the previous ones, but how is he not literally 'flagged' for that and kicked out of the game? He should have the reputation with all of the refs for being a trip artist, and in essence choosing to defend with his feet rather than his hands, so to me there's no way he should have gotten away with either of these. From the looks of it neither was even called a personal foul... does anyone remember the specifics? We're either of the two trips on Makai called as personal fouls?

If I were the coach of the team playing them in the sweet 16, I would make sure those refs look out for this. I hope someone like a UNC fan takes the time to dig thru all of Duke's games over the season. I would bet that he's tripped people at least 3 other times that were just sneaky enough to go unnoticed.

We all understand though that if some lowly basketball player on a non-Duke team were to have tripped Grayson in the tourney... they'd probably be blackballed from basketball in America for the rest of their lives

Reaction Score
And Duke fans wonder why so many other college fans hate them. They are a good program; but, they always have that player who takes it to that extra, unnecessary step, which never gets calls because the refs in the ACC eat out of Coach K's hand.

Reaction Score
I just caught up with this story, missed it over the weekend. This is completely egregious, and yes these trips were slightly more subtle than the previous ones, but how is he not literally 'flagged' for that and kicked out of the game? He should have the reputation with all of the refs for being a trip artist, and in essence choosing to defend with his feet rather than his hands, so to me there's no way he should have gotten away with either of these. From the looks of it neither was even called a personal foul... does anyone remember the specifics? We're either of the two trips on Makai called as personal fouls?

If I were the coach of the team playing them in the sweet 16, I would make sure those refs look out for this. I hope someone like a UNC fan takes the time to dig thru all of Duke's games over the season. I would bet that he's tripped people at least 3 other times that were just sneaky enough to go unnoticed.

We all understand though that if some lowly basketball player on a non-Duke team were to have tripped Grayson in the tourney... they'd probably be blackballed from basketball in America for the rest of their lives

Oregon's coach basically needs to pull aside the refs before the game along with Coach K and basically say - 'Listen, I want a good, hard-fought, clean game, win or lose. That's what my players expect. That's what they deserve. But, if Grayson keeps up with these shenanigans, like tripping players every time he gets beat and then not getting called for it, one of my players is going to lose it and we're going to have a hug mess on our hands. Do you want to be known as the refs who lost control of a NCAA tournament on national TV because you let stuff that has no place on a basketball court go? Give these kids and our fans what they deserve. Make the right calls.'

Reaction Score
Best way to take care of this is to have a couple of big guys (the bigger the better) set some really hard picks on him (even if they are moving). Keep the elbows down, as you don't want to risk the flagrant 2. A hip check would be effective as well.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
if the refs won't make the call, if Duke won't discipline him, then a player will take matters into his own hands in some fashion

if he does that in the NBA, somebody else getting suspended and Allen will be wearing a face mask

Reaction Score
Some Duke kids just have a certain look and might get unfairly judged. This kid deserves the hate, he is a punk.

Reaction Score
Oregon's coach basically needs to pull aside the refs before the game along with Coach K and basically say - 'Listen, I want a good, hard-fought, clean game, win or lose. That's what my players expect. That's what they deserve. But, if Grayson keeps up with these shenanigans, like tripping players every time he gets beat and then not getting called for it, one of my players is going to lose it and we're going to have a hug mess on our hands. Do you want to be known as the refs who lost control of a NCAA tournament on national TV because you let stuff that has no place on a basketball court go? Give these kids and our fans what they deserve. Make the right calls.'

And the ref will roll his eyes and say "Alright, bud. You got it Dana."

Reaction Score
hc-rod-sellers-christian-laettner-video-20150303%20copy.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members