Grantland: NBA Draft Confidential | The Boneyard

Grantland: NBA Draft Confidential

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I got a kick out out of the guy who just cursed his way through the whole thing, if that's who you're referring to.

Reaction Score
I got a kick out out of the guy who just cursed his way through the whole thing, if that's who you're referring to.

Yup. My favorite passage (on Okafor):

Conditioning is huge for him. I’ve never seen him in good shape. It got better as the season went on at Duke, but I don’t think he was ever where he could run in transition seven, eight, nine times, both ways, where he was block-to-block. You will read: “Oh, he’s in great shape now. His trainer has done an unbelievable job with him. He’s done this, this, and this, and he’s eating apples and berries every day and he hasn’t had a piece of pizza in forever … ” My point is, that’s the narrative.

He’s a really good player, but our league, it’s just different and people don’t get it. It’s 82 games, elite players, and elite athletes, and travel.

My point about Okafor is that all that you can get away with at Duke, playing Georgia Tech who blows, and BC — they stink — you can get away with it. When it’s nut-cracking time he revs it up, and I get all of that. There are very few nights off in our league. Sacramento blows, but if you don’t show up to play them, [DeMarcus] Cousins and Rudy Gay will beat your ass.

Reaction Score
BigErnMcCracken said:

What was funny about his responses was that he talked normally for the first four or five paragraphs and then the swearing started kicking in. Like he was trying to be professional and then just couldn't hold it back any more.

Reaction Score
Pretty interesting draft predictive on 538 as well. They rated best 50 out of top 100. Unfortunately Boat didn't make it.
I like Jerian Grant more than they do but maybe that's b/c he's one of just a few players I saw more than 3 games of this year. Surprised Harrison twins are both high, I think 1/2 busts for certain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom