Graham Hayes Ponders UConn Big East Return | The Boneyard

Graham Hayes Ponders UConn Big East Return

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
"The Big East title race unfolding this season is different than any other race in the country. The league's 10 current teams are competing against one another, sure, but they're also competing against the clock -- scrambling like Indiana Jones to claim one last prize ahead of the UConn-sized boulder rolling relentlessly toward them. "

Bruno said the Huskies' return would take a good league and make it better. But the truth is UConn is the best way to make the league matter. Big East women's basketball has existed in limbo since realignment, when so many schools left, and Butler, Creighton and Xavier arrived. "

A good read on game day. Check it out.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
You have to love Doug Bruno's take:

"I want UConn in," Bruno continued. "This isn't about the I and the me, this about the league. This is going to make our league a better league with UConn in it. So why wouldn't you want the best program in the history of the game in your league?"​
DePaul has, since 2014, won 4 of the 6 Big East tournament titles and at least a share of 5 of the 6 regular season titles.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
I do not like this stat

Even in the AAC, the remaining programs have more top-100 recruits arriving next season than do the current Big East programs.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
I do not like this stat

Even in the AAC, the remaining programs have more top-100 recruits arriving next season than do the current Big East programs.
Although that would beg the question whose recruits are better?

That said, I'll stick to what I always say when this comes up. The Big East is a better conference for UConn and the teams are, on average, in my opinion, a bit better than most of the AAC teams, but - past that, only DePaul is a consistent top 25 team and (most likely) that isn't really going to change.

To those who wax optimistic for the old BE, remember that the teams that generally challenged UConn - Rutgers, Notre Dame, USF maybe, are not the type of schools in the BE. None of them were considered a challenge when they were in the oBE, so you can't consider them challenges now.

Props for Doug Bruno, because he is 100% correct about the positives of having UConn in your conference.

Reaction Score
Just like Seton Hall and Providence were for Uconn in the 80s and 90s. The way Uconn was for Rutgers and Notre Dame. I can see Uconn doing that for Depaul, Creighton and Marquette. Getting better athletes because players want to play the best. Playing in an established league which was the best in WCBB before realignment happened.

Plus I would like to see Bruno beat Geno at least once before they retire LOL!

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Just like Seton Hall and Providence were for Uconn in the 80s and 90s. The way Uconn was for Rutgers and Notre Dame. I can see Uconn doing that for Depaul, Creighton and Marquette. Getting better athletes because players want to play the best. Playing in an established league which was the best in WCBB before realignment happened.

Plus I would like to see Bruno beat Geno at least once before they retire LOL!
Maybe at cards. Not on the court.

Reaction Score
I am under the impression that the teams in the Big East are better than the teams in the American. Will UConn face stiffer competition in the Big East. Please pontificate.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom