Graham Hayes: Defense helps Cardinal stay #1 | The Boneyard

Graham Hayes: Defense helps Cardinal stay #1

Status
Not open for further replies.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
"Teams that rely on forcing turnovers against lesser competition tend to run into problems against Connecticut (just ask North Carolina). More than three-fourths of Division I teams currently average at least 16 turnovers per game; Connecticut hasn't averaged 16 turnovers per game since the 2002-03 season and isn't close this season. A defense can fluster the Huskies, as Notre Dame did, forcing 66 turnovers in three victories against its rival last season; but turnovers don't show up as a consistent theme in their losses in recent seasons. Limiting transition opportunities and making them work for points? That can work. It's why Stanford and Connecticut keep playing competitive games."

LINK

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
UConn does force turnovers and play great field goal defense as well. I make no predictions in these kinds of games, but if UConn can win the turnover battle and play decent offense, it won't hurt (to be profound) Defensive rebounding will also be a big thing for UConn, as it will be for both, but who does the best at limiting 2nd chance points will be big. Happy Holidays.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
The Stanford defense had little answer for Kaleena Lewis last year. With Stanford missing Nneka and the UConn attack more diversified, I look for Kaleena to have a big game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger
Top Bottom