Graham driving the Kelly Bandwagon | The Boneyard

Graham driving the Kelly Bandwagon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
Thanks Graham!!

We've been trying to drive the bandwagon, but we don't have the mic that you have. Nice article.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Love the comment on the article from a Baylor fan! And yes a great piece.
One of the advantages with the SNY contract is that writers and fans and voters all across the country are able to see all the Uconn games and not just the ESPN telecast games. This should be to the advantage of players like Kelly who are not going to be leaders in any particular stat, but who play such solid all-around games. Players like DT and MM and KML and BS will always get national attention, but it is much harder for players like KF to break through into national recognition. The SNY coverage really should help.

ChicagoGG

Windy City Kitty
Reaction Score
The very gracious Baylor fan said of Kelly "She is the Manti T'eo of women's basketball." That is a great analogy!!!

sarals24

Lone Starlet
Reaction Score
Gahhhh I know! I remember typing on at least five separate occasions that Kelly will start, period. She is the best player on the team. Not the most physically talented, not teh best shooter, but the best player, period. I think that UConn will miss her dearly next season, even with the talent they will still have.

bruinbball

@biglurp
Reaction Score
If Hays is driving the band wagon, what the hell have I been driving??

images

The fact that I found this picture and my name is actually Tim, makes this all too funny!

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Gahhhh I know! I remember typing on at least five separate occasions that Kelly will start, period. She is the best player on the team. Not the most physically talented, not teh best shooter, but the best player, period. I think that UConn will miss her dearly next season, even with the talent they will still have.
Kelly is an outstanding athlete who is smart and plays very hard, almost maniacally so this year. I think there is a symbiotic relationship between her and Kaleena. Kaleena is busting her butt all over the court, and Kelly is emulating the vaunted Lewis Launch. Kids whose strengths were very different have both expanded their games to add the other's strength.

I'm very pleased to see Kelly get national recognition. She is very deserving.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Kelly was defensively terrific last night. She needed to convert on a couple of offensive plays that she did not in order for Uconn to reach its stated goals. She left about five or six points off the scoreboard. But yes, she deserves recognition as one of the better players in the country.

semper

Paleographer
Reaction Score
And, her shot has been much better this year, which, does make a diff.

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
Haven't seen any comments lately from the "Faris won't start/Faris shouldn't start" crowd yet this season ? Keyboards and tap-a-talk swallow some letters ?????

shush! You will wake them up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom