Grading UConn Players, Position Groups After Season-Opening Loss To UCF (Putterman) | The Boneyard

Grading UConn Players, Position Groups After Season-Opening Loss To UCF (Putterman)

Reaction Score
He earned a B+ but if he wants to stay out there he really needs to improve on the long ball. Stop throwing off your back foot and stop scrambling so god damn much. Plus, when we threw the ball to wide open receivers then decide to run was stupid. I understand we need the running game too but really needed to be more aggressive against this team. Win or loss this team improved but still need some work.

Reaction Score
It would have been a miracle to win. But let's be honest, after a few plays it was obvious that the only way we were going to stop their O was to keep their D on the field. Remember they took their foot off the gas after 3. Had we chucked it around and scored more, they might have gone for 100. I simply don't see us putting up a pinball O - we need to take the Navy (control the clock and field) and Temple approach (a lot more toughness).

jbdphi

Aussie Aussie Aussie!
Reaction Score
He earned a B+ but if he wants to stay out there he really needs to improve on the long ball. Stop throwing off your back foot and stop scrambling so god damn much. Plus, when we threw the ball to wide open receivers then decide to run was stupid. I understand we need the running game too but really needed to be more aggressive against this team. Win or loss this team improved but still need some work.

Stop scrambling so much? Sorry, but that was the one part of our offense that worked incredibly well last night. If you want to turn Pindell into a pocket passer, I think that's the wrong direction to go.

Reaction Score
It would have been a miracle to win. But let's be honest, after a few plays it was obvious that the only way we were going to stop their O was to keep their D on the field. Remember they took their foot off the gas after 3. Had we chucked it around and scored more, they might have gone for 100. I simply don't see us putting up a pinball O - we need to take the Navy (control the clock and field) and Temple approach (a lot more toughness).

That is a long-term bad strategy to take: running to control the clock and field). The best way for UConn to be competitive in the AAC is to outscore opponents. Fight fire with fire.

Reaction Score
Stop scrambling so much? Sorry, but that was the one part of our offense that worked incredibly well last night. If you want to turn Pindell into a pocket passer, I think that's the wrong direction to go.

Agree. I would like to see Pindell be a better passer, but right now his scrambling was the only thing that even approached UCF not being able to handle UConn's offense. Accept the fact that UConn's running game will only ensure a lot of three and outs and put the defense out on the field longer (or at least more often, thus giving opponents more chances for quick scores). What will help against AAC offenses is putting pressure on them that they better not let UConn defense break service for fear of another quick strike from the Husky offense). Oh . . . someday.

Reaction Score
That is a long-term bad strategy to take: running to control the clock and field). The best way for UConn to be competitive in the AAC is to outscore opponents. Fight fire with fire.

You’ve said that 10000 times. I disagree. Just repeating the same line over and over doesn’t make it right. Especially when you’re fire is 2 leaves burning and the opponent is burning an entire forest.

Reaction Score
You’ve said that 10000 times. I disagree. Just repeating the same line over and over doesn’t make it right. Especially when you’re fire is 2 leaves burning and the opponent is burning an entire forest.

Make it 10,001 times. You don't attract a fan base, nor do you attract talented athletes in today's game by fearuring a three yards and a cloud of dust offense. Granted UConn needs "more leaves" and certainly some trees, but other than that, I'm probably right. Might as well try something different since the program is falling so far behind the teams in what too many of our fans term a "sh- - conference". The Land of Steady Habits may really, really need to change things up.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom