Grad Transfer Tyler Davis to Georgia Tech... | The Boneyard

Grad Transfer Tyler Davis to Georgia Tech...

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
Nice choice for TD. Collins being from the AAC probably helped--hope he is able to start there. Louisville is gonna be a total rebuild so this is a better fit.

Reaction Score
I'm assuming that Collins will throw the ball more than the previous regime (and UConn for that matter), so that's a good landing spot. Assuming they have a QB in place who can throw the ball...

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
I'm assuming that Collins will throw the ball more than the previous regime (and UConn for that matter), so that's a good landing spot. Assuming they have a QB in place who can throw the ball...

Yeah I’m curious how Oliver will throw it since he’s an option QB. Maybe he transfers and they get a grad transfer here too.

Reaction Score
Very happy or him.

Interested to see GT play next year, as they have spent the last decade recruiting kids to play the option O. They have undersized OL, qbs that are not a threat to throw, etc. The ACC is a very weak conference outside of Clemson, so 6 wins is doable by any of the programs, but I think Collins may need a few years to get his O installed.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Very happy or him.

Interested to see GT play next year, as they have spent the last decade recruiting kids to play the option O. They have undersized OL, qbs that are not a threat to throw, etc. The ACC is a very weak conference outside of Clemson, so 6 wins is doable by any of the programs, but I think Collins may need a few years to get his O installed.

Look at the transition Arkansas is going through.

It could get really rocky when the personnel doesn’t match the system

Reaction Score
I really wish Tyler the best. A great kid. Good athlete. The first in his class to commit and "recruit" others.

Reaction Score
Good for him. He should have plenty of opportunities. Tech just signed their first TE recruit in a decade.
Probably due to scheme. I believe they played the wish bone or triple option on offense for the last while.

Reaction Score
Probably due to scheme. I believe they played the wish bone or triple option on offense for the last while.

Yes this is exactly the point. Tech has been running a scheme that had no use for TE's for years. Collins signed a decent 3* TE last week. First TE in 10 years. Collins wants to run a normal pro style offense. Tyler is joining the perfect situation right now for himself. I imagine they will switch some of their big and athletic FB's to TE but he has a nice advantage considering he has actually had decent experience playing the position.

Reaction Score
Yes this is exactly the point. Tech has been running a scheme that had no use for TE's for years. Collins signed a decent 3* TE last week. First TE in 10 years. Collins wants to run a normal pro style offense. Tyler is joining the perfect situation right now for himself. I imagine they will switch some of their big and athletic FB's to TE but he has a nice advantage considering he has actually had decent experience playing the position.
I wish Tyler all the best at his new university. He will still BLEED Blue. He represented the program as we wish any student athlete would. For the sake of the program we can only wish for more Tyler Davis types.

C

Chief00

Happy for Tyler. Chief agrees, he represented the program well during tough times.

Uconnalliance

Please cancel the program all hope is lost
Reaction Score
Didn’t he throw a option TD in Houston win a couple of years back?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom