Grad Transfer Joseph Chartouny | The Boneyard

Grad Transfer Joseph Chartouny

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
This kid would be great if we can't find a good late decommit or reclass. Would prefer Cremo, or definitely both.

Reaction Score
I've seen Chartouny play a lot. Not the most athletic guard, but hustles on the defensive end and is a good passer. Has dealt with a few injuries over the past couple of seasons. Has a high basketball IQ and great maturity (he's actually 23 years old).

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
I've seen Chartouny play a lot. Not the most athletic guard, but hustles on the defensive end and is a good passer. Has dealt with a few injuries over the past couple of seasons. Has a high basketball IQ and great maturity (he's actually 23 years old).
So Antwoine Anderson v2

Reaction Score
On all accounts, except for FG%, Chartouny is a superior statistically than Anderson. Bigger, stronger, better on boards, more dependable on the ball, better distributor, causes more turnovers, goes to the line more often.

Chartouny’s junior year at Fordham: 6-3 205, 12.2 p, 5.6 r, 4.6 a/2.4 to, 3.3 s, 4.2 fta, 44.6% 2P, 28.4% 3P

Anderson’s junior year at Fordham: 6-2 170, 11.1 p, 2.0 r, 3.2 a/2.3 to, 1.7 s, 2.3 fta, 45.5% 2P, 34.4% 3P.

I don't want Chartouny to be a shooter, but seems like a smart player on both ends who can help facilitate on offense.

Reaction Score
I will pass on this guy. Not a good athlete and can't shoot that well. I know we can do better than this. I mean if he is going to be our fifth guard maybe but he shouldn't be the first guard off the bench.

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
I like the guys who do all the little things like move the ball, create turnovers and by extension fastbreak buckets. We’ve had nobody like this in a long time. Sign me up for this kid.

If he could mix his passing and D this year with his sophomore year shooting he would be a monster. But even if he stays a 2-3 WS player he will help.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
On all accounts, except for FG%, Chartouny is a superior statistically than Anderson. Bigger, stronger, better on boards, more dependable on the ball, better distributor, causes more turnovers, goes to the line more often.

Chartouny’s junior year at Fordham: 6-3 205, 12.2 p, 5.6 r, 4.6 a/2.4 to, 3.3 s, 4.2 fta, 44.6% 2P, 28.4% 3P

Anderson’s junior year at Fordham: 6-2 170, 11.1 p, 2.0 r, 3.2 a/2.3 to, 1.7 s, 2.3 fta, 45.5% 2P, 34.4% 3P.

I don't want Chartouny to be a shooter, but seems like a smart player on both ends who can help facilitate on offense.
Good fourth pg but given Alteriques situation we need a good shooter or a better player. Still the kid is a grad transfer and AA actually did worse than was realistically expected so if the universe balances things out this kid could exceed shooting expectations.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
For a grad transfer 5th guard, he'd be fine, if we need to fill a slot. But we definitely can't rely on somebody like this kid. Good depth piece for a year though. Hopefully we can pick up some stud guards and then fill with guys like this.

Reaction Score
I like the guys who do all the little things like move the ball, create turnovers and by extension fastbreak buckets. We’ve had nobody like this in a long time. Sign me up for this kid.

If he could mix his passing and D this year with his sophomore year shooting he would be a monster. But even if he stays a 2-3 WS player he will help.

Chartouny is just a good college basketball player. He rebounds well for his size, has a nose for the ball, and is ultra competitive. He won't wow you in any one statistical category, but just plays smart. He's a good passer and you need to view his assist numbers in the proper context - Fordham just doesn't have many guys who can finish plays and put the ball in the hoop (I say this lovingly as a Fordham grad). Chartouny reminds me of a slightly smaller Doron Sheffer, but without as good of a shooting stroke.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Chartouny is just a good college basketball player. He rebounds well for his size, has a nose for the ball, and is ultra competitive. He won't wow you in any one statistical category, but just plays smart. He's a good passer and you need to view his assist numbers in the proper context - Fordham just doesn't have many guys who can finish plays and put the ball in the hoop (I say this lovingly as a Fordham grad). Chartouny reminds me of a slightly smaller Doron Sheffer, but without as good of a shooting stroke.

What is he like in comparison to Vital? Watched a little vid and their game seems mildly similar. Chartouny is bigger/stronger, and more willing to pass. Vital (who can drive and dish quite well, but doesn't) seems a bit more athletic, and a more able shooter.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Handle. Any contact with Israeli players?:)

Thanks for insight.

Reaction Score
His defensive rating this past season at Fordham was 98. For reference, our best rated guard was Vital whose dRating was 105.3. Additionally he's a hell of a rebounder for a guard. Like others have said, if Chartouny is our 5th guard he'd certainly be an asset.

Reaction Score
I like the passing ability. Could be a "glue guy" on offense at the 3 position. Sign him up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jjblox

Top Bottom