Grad Transfer G Malcom Duvivier | The Boneyard

Grad Transfer G Malcom Duvivier

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Never seen the kid play but based on his advanced stats I don't see anything that indicates he is a good defender.

Reaction Score
If this is your 5th guard on the roster, I like it. Older player who is known for his defense. But if he is your 4th guard on the roster...

Not sure what everyone expects from a 4th/5th guard grad transfer - have to have stat lines of 16/7 to make people happy? If he can defend and can occasionally make a 3 also (36%) looks like a decent addition to me.

Reaction Score
I would think that Chillious watched him play for the past few years in the Pac 12. He must have seen something in the player to want to initiate contact. He did play close to 35 minutes a game as a Sophomore. He had to have some level of talent to average over 10 points a game in a tough conference.

Reaction Score

The kid can play ball and seems to have a lot of passion on the defensive end of the floor based on watching multiple videos. He would be a great team asset and supplement Jalen's and Altrique's as well as Larrier's game when he is on the floor. I would take him. He is eligible immediately.

Reaction Score

The kid can play ball and seems to have a lot of passion on the defensive end of the floor based on watching multiple videos. He would be a great team asset and supplement Jalen's and Altrique's as well as Larrier's game when he is on the floor. I would take him. He is eligible immediately.

Didn't realize he was from Canada. Maybe could help swing Simi Shittu to come in 2018.

Reaction Score
Yeah I'm not seeing it with this one. Oregon State went 5-27 (!) last year and he couldn't even get his 6 points per game at an efficient rate. The fact that he's supposedly a defensive stopper means less to me given he's 6'2.

This guy seems like T-Sam without the emotional attachment. Matter of fact, Samuel's probably better.

With guys like Clark from UMass out there, settling for players like this would be a failure on the part of the staff, IMO, even if he is a fifth guard. I'm fine with bringing players from lesser programs if they're going to play a lesser role here, but I would like those players from lesser programs to at least be good.

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
Maybe he just has an attractive Mom? Or Chill just wants a free trip west? Because any other explanation is head scratching.

Reaction Score
Chillious probably has seen this kid play a number of times when he was in the PAC-12, and saw some things that he liked. Toughness and defense or something like that.

Reaction Score
Yeah I'm not seeing it with this one. Oregon State went 5-27 (!) last year and he couldn't even get his 6 points per game at an efficient rate. The fact that he's supposedly a defensive stopper means less to me given he's 6'2.

This guy seems like T-Sam without the emotional attachment. Matter of fact, Samuel's probably better.

With guys like Clark from UMass out there, settling for players like this would be a failure on the part of the staff, IMO, even if he is a fifth guard. I'm fine with bringing players from lesser programs if they're going to play a lesser role here, but I would like those players from lesser programs to at least be good.

I think you are linking overall team performance with single player ability way too much. There are countless examples of good players on bad teams. They went 5-27 last year when Malcolm sat out. Meaning Malcolm left and the team got worse...a lot worse... I'm guessing he did it in order to graduate and have post grad eligibility. That or other personal reasons. The season he played, they were 19-13 overall. Better than Uconn last year.

Reaction Score
I think you are linking overall team performance with single player ability way too much. There are countless examples of good players on bad teams. They went 5-27 last year when Malcolm sat out. Meaning Malcolm left and the team got worse...a lot worse... I'm guessing he did it in order to graduate and have post grad eligibility. That or other personal reasons. The season he played, they were 19-13 overall. Better than UConn last year.

My mistake, for some reason I read his page wrong and assumed the most recent year he played was this past season.

He still performed at a well below replacement level statistically, though, and I imagine their fall this season had far more to do with losing Payton and the like.

Malcolm's defensive rating was also nearly 20 points higher than his offensive rating. That's really bad and the fact that he was on a good team makes it even more alarming. I just don't see anything to suggest that he is any better than a player like R.J. Evans.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
Saw this kid a lot for a few years (I live out in California and watch a lot of Pac 12 hoops). He's one of those guys who, the less he does the better he is on offense. That isn't to say he can't shoot – his 3-point percentage is mostly fine – but once he puts the ball on the floor almost nothing good is going to happen. So on that side of the ball he's strictly a guy who should spot up, or sneak back door for lay-ups.

Defensively he's REALLY good. Gave Cal's back court a ton of problems in 14/15 and 15/16, including guys like Matthews and Wallace, etc etc. He's built like a brick s%*!house and has good lateral quickness, so he can credibly guard 1-through-3. And he's a DOG. Really, really likes tough games, fights through screens, is good at swiping in passing lanes, etc. Tough tough tough kid (hockey player, I believe), the type you don't notice if you're just watching the a game, but one you'll hate if he's playing your team.

If we're asking him to play 30 MPG and make plays, we're in trouble. But if we're asking him for 15 mins of defense, running and spot-up shooting... I like this signing a lot. I hope we get him.

Reaction Score
We aren't filling all of our schollies with multi year guys. Would have no problem with this guy playing a Lasan Kromah role

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
Is this what we have came to?
Someone finally said it. Thank you.

Desperation for recruits, just shots in the dark from the fan base at this point.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
And another flag for piling on :eek:

Unless we get a 5* I get it, nothing works for you. This guy is fix a flat if there's no tow truck in sight.. Just for once try to think a little and be reasonable.
No, it's not 5 star or bust, but to also not random grad transfers with no interest in us to championship either. Maybe open your eyes and stop this incessant white knighting, no one is handing out alumni club points here mau. On our front page we have 5 threads multiple pages long on nobodies who haven't even expressed any interest in or from UConn. Yet we are all stalking their twitters and what reporters are saying. Chillious following a mom on twitter is now standard boneyard discussion material for 8 pages.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom