OT: Grad students lose union rights, and that throws the student-athlete deal into the trash as well | The Boneyard

OT: Grad students lose union rights, and that throws the student-athlete deal into the trash as well

Reaction Score
Sorry, I thought I put OT in the title.

When Judge Claudia Wilken found for O'Bannon, and decided that players should be pad up to $5-6k a year (based on what, don't know), she largely relied on the NLRB ruling which related to a Brown University grad student lawsuit. This is why private schools all over the USA, in particular Northwestern, were freaking out.

Now that the grad student rule has been eradicated, the basis for the O'Bannon victory is also out the window--though nothing really has to change, unless the universities decide to contest it. I'm betting they won't, but if they did, they stand a better chance of victory today.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
Sorry, I thought I put OT in the title.

When Judge Claudia Wilken found for O'Bannon, and decided that players should be pad up to $5-6k a year (based on what, don't know), she largely relied on the NLRB ruling which related to a Brown University grad student lawsuit. This is why private schools all over the USA, in particular Northwestern, were freaking out.

Now that the grad student rule has been eradicated, the basis for the O'Bannon victory is also out the window--though nothing really has to change, unless the universities decide to contest it. I'm betting they won't, but if they did, they stand a better chance of victory today.

There's a dropdown menu for the OT prefix.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99
Top Bottom